[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 May have Lower Specs than Originally Thought

Travillion

Reaction score
Well, like someone else said, it may not make sense to have equal or better specs than the Bionic. People in 3G areas can purchase and use the Bionic just fine.

If you are required to purchase a 4G data plan with a 4G phone people in 3G areas probably don't want to buy a 4G phone, hence the need to maintain high-end 3G devices as well as 4G ones (which this rendition of the DX2 is not high-end, comparatively).

mjforte

Reaction score
But shouldn't someone still be able to enjoy dual core if they don't have 4G in their area? As long as Verizon keeps the price of 4G plans the same as 3G or if they don't charge you extra for 4G if you don't live in an area where there's coverage then its ok. I could see this phone at like 99 or 150 with contract
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are required to purchase a 4G data plan with a 4G phone people in 3G areas probably don't want to buy a 4G phone, hence the need to maintain high-end 3G devices as well as 4G ones (which this rendition of the DX2 is not high-end, comparatively).

Higher 4G data plans have never been anything more than rumor and speculation. There is no indication the plan price is changing, and on the contrary some indication it will remain the same (which makes sense, although caps make sense, too, which they will probably end-up doing at some point).

What does look like will happen is the phone costs more and/or less subsidy. But you are also getting more than just LTE.

If data prices were going to be different, the TBolt wouldn't be offered for sale in 3G areas. It simply wouldn't make sense because it wouldn't sell with comparable 3G devices having a cheaper data plan.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well with the X2 maybe the new news is really what is going to happen... Correct me if I am wrong but really what is the huge difference in the D1 and the D2 (not global). Was it not just a refresh with a better processor and a revamped keyboard? My point being that when they go to sequels they really don't change a whole lot.. Now with the X I would assume more then the exact same thing with just a little bump like reported it could possibly be, but dual core.. no way.. I personally think that dual core will be for V and Moto big devices.. like the 4G phones.. Look at the new Inc.. it is still just a bump up from the original. Plus as said here already.. If you have a dual core X that is 3G then they will loose out on the bionic sales knowing that it would work in 3G areas as well. Time will tell of course and we will all see how it plays out..

nmos

Reaction score
bionic is dual core 512 though...so once theirs apps that run using the dual core, it'll be quicker than the 768 x2

Am I the only one who isn't entirely convinced that multiple cores are going to make a huge difference on a phone?

mjforte

Reaction score
I think this is Moto's laziness and lack of innovation. I mean the D2 I'm sure we can all agree was not a worthy upgrade from the D1 and this looks to be the same. Reminds me of back in the RAZR days, and what put Moto in financial troubles before. If they continue this trend, I don't see a good future for them.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'll tell you the more I see of this nonsense the more I'm beginning to sour on the whole Android bandwagon. The Thunderbolt is last years tech and now the possibility that the X will be nothing really new.

I don't know how most of you feel but if this doesn't change soon, as in REALLY quick, I may just be eating some forbidden fruit come summer. I simply won't wait for the carriers/manufacturers to put out a worthy device. I'm pretty much over these ridiculous games these companies are playing.

craigboy

Reaction score
I'll tell you the more I see of this nonsense the more I'm beginning to sour on the whole Android bandwagon. The Thunderbolt is last years tech and now the possibility that the X will be nothing really new.

I don't know how most of you feel but if this doesn't change soon, as in REALLY quick, I may just be eating some forbidden fruit come summer. I simply won't wait for the carriers/manufacturers to put out a worthy device. I'm pretty much over these ridiculous games these companies are playing.

Apple does the exact same thing, just about every version of the iPhone was just slightly better then the year before. The iP4 was the only time there was a big jump.

Also look at the Galaxy S v. Galaxy S2, they upgraded quite a bit over last year's model

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Apple does the exact same thing, just about every version of the iPhone was just slightly better then the year before. The iP4 was the only time there was a big jump.

Also look at the Galaxy S v. Galaxy S2, they upgraded quite a bit over last year's model
Good points indeed. Just touching on the iPhone the iPhone 5 should be a nice upgrade (from early rumor) and the Samsung upgrade is definitely very nice. I don't want to beat a dead horse about Samsung but there is reason to be cautious when getting one (OS updates)

LG looks to be a real competitor as well. There is so much happening with Android right now that you almost have to settle on a device and just go with it and be prepared to be disappointed shortly after. The whole D2/D2G thing was a disgrace in my opinion. Pumping out a global version a few months later? Really? It's turning into this orgy of handsets with nothing really coming to the forefront. Build something worthwhile. I just don't see that.

I have a Droid 1 that I'm ready to upgrade and for months have been getting texts from VZW congratulating me that I can upgrade lol and I don't feel the need to do it. Something is wrong with that picture.

cpjr

Reaction score
The sad truth is, these companies dont have to go leaps and bounds over what is currently out to sells devices like hotcakes. Its the consumers that push innovation down just as easy as we push it up.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
DX is still a great phone to me and i havent seen a single phone (android, apple or anyone) that i'd want to replace mine with. The DX2 seems a total waste of time, as will any 3G phones that come out with higher specs than the DX. I seriously have NO problems with speed on my DX.

Dual core? I'd rather have dual-battery for what its worth.

craigboy

Reaction score
The new Samsungs seem like the best of the current new lot of phones coming out (or the LG's if they come to the US) Unfortunately I can't wait around for them to come out so the TB looks like the winner for me.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 that I'm ready to upgrade and for months have been getting texts from VZW congratulating me that I can upgrade lol and I don't feel the need to do it. Something is wrong with that picture.

Maybe just a little, but who can blame you. The D1 is like freedom in your palm. I'm probably going to use mine far past my upgrade date... at least til it dies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm mad RAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR