[Rumor] Motorola Dinara to follow Droid Bionic in late 2011

EFGantry

Reaction score
While the Droid Life article says it's being tested for Verizon, I believe there was also speculation that this would go to AT&T (unless I'm getting mixed up; it was also said that the AT&T phone, being tested by Winston over at Howard Forums, that had a 13mp camera). Perhaps someone with a better grip on these rumors can set things straight.

Also, with all the wait for the Bionic, would Moto really follow up 3-4 months later with a phone that blows it out of the water? Maybe, we'll see....

Also, Ion't like the idea of a non-removable battery. As someone posted, with no battery pull, that makes modding trickier....

Winston25 at HoFo was pretty adamant that this phone is being tested for at&t. but, that doesn't mean it won't come to VZW. if this is truly going to be marketed as a super phone, i would expect it to be released across multiple carriers. what we'll probably see is a Q4 release on at&t, followed by a release on VZW in early '12 - giving about a 6 month window between the Bionic and Dinara. This would make sense, given that the Bionic was originally scheduled to drop in early Q2, followed by the Targa (as an upgrade to the Bionic) in Q3.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
^ +1

I would definitely like to see my Bionic in my hands before you start telling me about the next phone. >_> I have a trip in august to vegas and tx and I would love to be showing off my Bionic out there. GIVE ME MY BIONIC!!!

Vegas and Texas?
Screw Texas, stay in Vegas lol.

GeLopez

Reaction score
show the bionic first then tell us about the future. do you really care if i say...

"yea and in the year 2024 we are going to have teletransporters."

no

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola can't make a phone with a non removable battery. In order to do that, they would have to build a phone that doesn't freeze up and require a battery pull

CM74DX

EFGantry

Reaction score
Motorola can't make a phone with a non removable battery. In order to do that, they would have to build a phone that doesn't freeze up and require a battery pull

CM74DX

LOL!!!!!! i nominate this for "Post of the Month"!!

emagic103

Reaction score
I'm sure if Motorola is serious about sealing the battery, there will most likely be a way to hard reset the device.

loki993

Reaction score

CM74DX

for real

Also the way these thing eat batteries, some people use more then one. I use an extended in my D2. Very bad move IMO and I would never buy a phone with a non removable battery.

I dont understand why these people cant just make a phone that doesnt have at least one major flaw. Im supposed to be choosing between the features I want the most, not ones that I dislike the least.

$mitty

Reaction score
Haven't been around these parts in a while. Original droid owner and ready to finally upgrade. Feel like I've been holding out on the Bionic forever. Is it every going to come out, and if so, when?! lol

loki993

Reaction score
Haven't been around these parts in a while. Original droid owner and ready to finally upgrade. Feel like I've been holding out on the Bionic forever. Is it every going to come out, and if so, when?! lol

Threres another thread about it around here somewhere and there hasnt been any confirmation as far as I know, but rumor has it august 4th

coyote_5

Reaction score

Yes, it's coming out tomorrow, be at your local VZW store EARLY. If they look at you funny when you ask for the Bionic, don't put up with it, ask to speak to the manager. Everyone knows they have two cases of these babies in the back room.