[Rumor] Moto X May Offer 'Pure Android,' Fast Upgrades & Clear Pixel Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto_new_purple_transparent-back.png

We are off to a strong Monday morning start for Motorola. Most of the hot news last week was from them, and now it looks like a great deal of the hot news for this week could be as well. A few new pieces of intel regarding the new Moto X phone just seeped out. First, the Moto X will have something called a Clear Pixel Camera with gesture controls. No specifics were given about this new camera other than "it means ‘dark, blurry pics and lack of details' will be things of the past." While that is vague, it is fairly encouraging, but we will just have to wait to see the proof in the pudding.

The second intriguing bit of news is a two parter. Supposedly, the Moto X will be a "Pure Android" device, and because of this, it will benefit from faster updates. This is obviously a cause for song and dance for Moto fans who have longed for a Nexus-style experience on a Motorola device straight from the factory. While this isn't truly a Motorola Nexus device, it effectively will be. Of course, as with all rumors, take this intel at face value for now. We will keep an eye out for any more info which could confirm this.

Source: AndroidAuthority

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I know you can't believe everything but didn't Moto announce last week that they had the support of all major U.S. carriers on this phone.
So I guess they'll put the fastest processors in the Droid lineup to keep VZW happy, and the Moto X will use slightly "slower" processors with massive battery life.

I'm interested to see where all of this is going.

djspy

Reaction score
Yeah this is getting kind of confusing. I read over at Droid life that the Droid Maxx is going to have a Snapdragon 800 chip and a 5" 1080p display.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Thus far it's starting to look as though the physical keyboard is a feature of the past :sad-b:

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Some smart person will develop a Bluetooth case similar to the surface tablet keyboard. I would even considers buying that case.