[RUMOR] LTE handsets released Q1 2011

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just got an email couple days ago and I will post this as strictly rumor but good AND reliable rumor.

Looks like we will be seeing LTE handsets early Q1 2011 and they will work on the 3G network. What good does this do me you say? Well if you do go into a region that supports LTE simply pop in the LTE sim card and you are good to go.

I live in L.A. so I'll be able to take advantage of LTE right away but for those waiting what will you do? Jump in and get the offerings available now/end of year or wait for an LTE device Q1 2011?

Last edited:

ipawd1

Reaction score
Um..they've been talking about this for months though...

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Um..they've been talking about this for months though...

hmmm I've been reading they are talking about handsets being released next summer. Nothing I've come across mentioned Q1 for handsets.

Can you link me to that info. I will have to take the thread down if this is already known lol.

Doh!!!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've heard May. Early Q1 is definitely news to me.

Definitely holding out for an LTE handset, but hope you can clarify the LTE sim card issue. I don't like the thought of having an LTE card in and losing data service because I wander out of LTE coverage. I travel and hate the idea of constantly taking a sim card in and out. Could be a deal breaker for me.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
^^^bah those are nothing : )