[Rumor] Leaked New Zealand Contest Suggests April Launch for Samsung Galaxy S IV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S-IV-raffle.jpg

We have a new rumor for the Samsung Galaxy S IV that hails from the land of Kiwis and Hobbits. Details of an internal raffle contest for a mobile retailer in New Zealand have supposedly leaked out. The details of the contest lead to the possible conclusion that the SGS4 will be available there by April 8th or shortly thereafter. This is because the contest will end by then, and one of the prizes is the aforementioned smartphone. Here's a quote with some of the details,

The raffle is aimed to be a sales incentive, and runs until April 8, which goes to show that we can expect the Galaxy S IV to hit the shelves some time after the first week of April.

Adding more water to this rumor mill is a separate tip from a UK retailer that the Samsung Galaxy S IV is scheduled to launch 15-22 that month, or in the third week of April.

Galaxy-S-IV-raffle-1.jpg

If it turns out to be a legitimate leak, we could see the SGS4 before the summer! Sound off if your contract is up around then and you are thinking about grabbing this phone.

Source: PhoneArena

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Depends on some things.....like specs....but i will most likely get it. At least it will be a phone with a large dev base. I would really like it if the got rid of the hardware buttons. the one on the S3 is annoying. The 2 outside ones i dont mind. its the big middle one that you actually have to press! lol.

I wouldnt mind getting a note 3 but it appears its going to be huge, unless they got rid of the hardware buttons on it, then 5.8 wouldnt be bad i guess. I want the s pen and s pen functions. But who knows if verizon will even get this.

The phones are getting so good that we are just running out of devs.

boidsonly

Reaction score
My contract is officially complete in May and I intend to pay full price for the SGS IV. Since the locking/unlocking debacle has come to fruition :angry:, it is the only real answer to hit the carriers where it hurts-their bottom line. :icon_ banana:

If you have not signed the petition regarding "unlocking your phone is now illegal", please do so. It will be one of the most important things you do this year...