[Rumor] Insiders Claim New Nexus 5 Will Only Have 2300 mAh Battery

TatDroid

Reaction score
3500 mah battery in maxx let's my wife have 8+ hours of screen time on single charge(she disconnects at 6am and reconnects at midnight every day). my 2100 mah battery in nexus gives me 2.5 hours of screen time on single charge
True, but there have been advances in processor, screen, and battery efficiencies in the past year or so. My Moto X only has a 2200mh battery, but I get 5+ hours of screen time (usually with about 16 hrs of overall up time)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
True, but there have been advances in processor, screen, and battery efficiencies in the past year or so. My Moto X only has a 2200mh battery, but I get 5+ hours of screen time (usually with about 16 hrs of overall up time)

Yea but that Moto doesn't have the SD800 and isn't pushing all of those 1080p display pixels.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Even though the SD800 is clocked faster than previous version, it also uses a smaller die and doesn't consume as much battery. .

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I get about 4-5 hours on my note 3 but my school is literally a bomb shelter so I spend 8 hours a day with one bar of 3g. My old droid 2 was always dead by 8 am with 15 minutes of screen time due to such a poor signal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

djspy

Reaction score
I just had an epiphany... Maybe that 2300 battery won't be so bad. I had a 2012 Nexus 7 and the battery was bad. My Maxx HD was getting better battery life by far. I now have a 2013 Nexus 7 with a 1080p screen, faster processor and a SMALLER battery than the 2012 Nexus 7 and I get twice the battery life on this Nexus 7. Better than my Maxx HD considering it's a bigger screen and 1080p screen. My point, whatever Google's doing under the hood with 4.3 and if it continues with 4.4 than you have nothing to worry about with the Nexus 5. Maybe you won't get earth shattering 2 day battery life but if people here are claiming the Moto X giving them 5+ hours screen on time (My Maxx HD gives me almost 7 on a good day) but you won't be scrambling for a charger either.