[Rumor] ICS Coming to LG Spectrum Soon; Confirmed by LG Employee

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-Spectrum-ics.jpeg

A couple of months ago, an early build of Ice Cream Sandwich showed up for the LG Spectrum, yet we haven't heard a peep since then, until today. Apparently an LG employee shared that Android 4.0 might not be too far off. Here's a quote with the details,

An LG representative has spilled the beans on the incoming ICS update for the LG Spectrum. According to hints on the phone’s support forum, the ICS update is apparently “getting very close.” He falls short on giving a timeline and leaves the task of setting a OTA schedule to Verizon.

Source: AndroidAuthority

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
That's good to hear, but if it break root as I suspect it will, I'll be holding off in hopes that someone can fix it. I really wish this phone had some decent dev support. I love the phone, but I should have checked out the support before buying it.

jet

Reaction score
That's good to hear, but if it break root as I suspect it will, I'll be holding off in hopes that someone can fix it. I really wish this phone had some decent dev support. I love the phone, but I should have checked out the support before buying it.

The 2.3.6 update in May broke root so it is a fair guess that this will as well.