1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] HTC May Have Tegra 3 Based Smartphones as Early as February

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 4, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

According to some new industry rumors, HTC may have quad-core Tegra 3 based Android smartphones available as early as February. Further "rumint" even suggests these devices may show up at Mobile World Congress for display. Apparently, the onward march of technology is relentless in its acceleration. It'll be interesting to see if this rumor pans out next month.

Source: PhanDroid
  2. metalspring

metalspring New Member

now the only question is can the android os utilize quad cores? I know ICS is optimized for dual core but would that optimization extend to quad core? It'll be nice to see though (and almost just in time for my upgrade in march/april dancedroid)
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Specs: Quad core, 1.5 GHz, 1 hour battery life. Extended battery includes a backpack to carry the phone. :D
    2 people like this.
  4. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Man, let us digest these new phones that are just out now! As far as android and quad core cpu's, the Transformer Prime is running it all right now. It's kind of crazy how it all works but it does! It actually has a setting to save battery as well.
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Hmmm Tegra 3. Me switching to a family plan came just in time...now time to add my Droid 1 on to have 2 upgrades available.... Cant wait to see if the 5th core, companion core, really does help with battery life.

Yes, I have a problem.

EDIT: I forgot all about the Transformer Prime with Tegra 3. Time to go read up on that for a while...
  6. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

This has it all:

1 person likes this.
  7. kparks

kparks Active Member

ive read up and been waiting on this phone if it has quad core, nfc, over a 4.5 inch 720p slcd screen i will be buying it... i dont know why but i like snapdragon processors so that will be missed :(
  8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Instead of quad cores, I want to see more ram with phones.

The dual core chip will not be the limiting factor in these current super phones, its going to be the 1 gig of ram.

Rather have 2 gigs of ram on a dual core than 1 gig of ram on a quad core.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    1 person likes this.
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

+1

Ill take a Dual Core with 2GB's of RAM over Quad w/ 1GB of RAM no questions asked.

Sent from Droid RAZR
  10. metalspring

metalspring New Member

I forget which upcoming phone I read this about but I do remember one having 1.2 GB of ram...not nearly 2 GB but better than the standard 1 GB... I agree we need to see more ram but I think right now its easier and more cost effective for manufacturers to make faster/multiple core processors than squeeze in more ram

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
    Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
    19.9 linpack score
    1921 quadrant score
    Zoom zoom ;)
  11. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Ram uses alot of power. Thats why you dont see it jumping up like the processors. Them making the die sizes smaller on the processors makes it so they are really using any more power then the processors before them. Im really looking forward to the 2nd gen dual core processors with intergrated LTE..... Once that happens....LTE will be nearly like 3g power wise.