[Rumor] HTC Facebook Android Phone in the Works Again

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-Salsa-Facebook-1.jpg

A rumored Facebook phone is in the limelight again. Off and on throughout last year we heard several rumors of an officially branded Facebook phone coming to the Android ecosystem. Many of the rumors suggested that HTC would be the manufacturer to get the device. Although an actual Facebook phone never actually materialized, HTC did come out with the HTC Salsa (pictured above) which did have a dedicated Facebook button. This new rumor suggests the same thing as the ones in the past however; that HTC will be making a fully integrated and official Facebook branded Android smartphone. Here's a quote with more details,

Reportedly, the Facebook handset will be launched in Q3 2012 “the earliest,” running an unspecified version of Android, and using a “platform exclusive to Facebook to enable and integrate all functions available on the social networking site.”

What do you guys think? If you are one of our many online social networking fans, share if you think an officially branded and integrated Facebook phone would pique your interest.

Source: UnwiredView

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
AT&T got the ChaCha if I remember correctly.

Wonder how well that sold.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
AT&T got the ChaCha if I remember correctly.

Wonder how well that sold.
If I remember correctly it was a flop. I imagine the form factor was a big factor, and I think the specs werent very impressive even at that time.

skennelly

Reaction score
Not interested. However, I will be first in line for the Myspace phone. Keep me posted.

geoff5093

Reaction score
What's the point? I want to hear what it can do that any other Android phone with Facebook can't do.