[Rumor] HP May Re-Continue The TouchPad - Current Orders Being Cancelled

Detonation

Reaction score
I call BS. First off, the cited email is from Digicircuits, which appears to just be some third party retailer, and all their orders - like many other third party retailers - are likely being cancelled due to massive amounts of orders received and limited stock (I've have 3 cancelled orders from 3 different places). Second, I have an HP order from last weekend that was finally processed last week Thursday and will be shipping out tomorrow.

I realize this is marked as a rumor, but I hardly find a forum post and facebook comment credible enough to make this front page news forum worthy.

Envian

Reaction score
Yeah, amazing that they really are doing a run for another series of TouchPad's.

Wonder if the price is still 99$ ...

sampsonX2

Reaction score
I call BS. First off, the cited email is from Digicircuits, which appears to just be some third party retailer, and all their orders - like many other third party retailers - are likely being cancelled due to massive amounts of orders received and limited stock (I've have 3 cancelled orders from 3 different places). Second, I have an HP order from last weekend that was finally processed last week Thursday and will be shipping out tomorrow.

I realize this is marked as a rumor, but I hardly find a forum post and facebook comment credible enough to make this front page news forum worthy.

Bs huh? Even fox news has an article about thus

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol fox news... :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
I had "signed up" for notification on the HP website last week and just received an email from HP this morning mentioning that additional units will be available in a few weeks. This is the email I received:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code XXXXXXXX at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com

akent

Reaction score
HP had more units in a queue to be built. All hardware built in volume requires months to ramp up and then to ramp down.
The sizes of orders in volume are in the order of 40 foot containers from China. Lord knows how many of these things would fit in one of those containers!
That's all.