[Rumor] Google's Next Nexus Phone Coming From LG Within Next 30 Days with Android 4.2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-logo-bold.png

Now, here is a bit of news to get the "Android" blood pumping! Hot on the heels of earlier rumors that the next Nexus phone will be based on the LG Optimus G, we have a new rumor that takes goes a step further.

According to sources over at Androidandme, the next Nexus phone is still going to be based on the LG Optimus G. Even more exciting is that we will supposedly see the device officially announced within the "next 30 days," and it will be coming with a point release update Android version 4.2. This new version of Jelly Bean will supposedly have quite a few new features, including "multi-user logins, enhanced Maps, enhanced dialer, enhanced camera features, and native support for wireless display standards like Miracast."

The intel suggests that "Andy Rubin will reveal the next Nexus phone at AllThingsD: Dive Into Mobile on October 29-30." This would be a perfectly logical outcome, since this is the same press event where Andy Rubin has launched products before. Speaking of other products, we are still hearing minor rumors floating around that there will be some other Nexus devices released before the end of the year as well. Here's a quick list of some possibilities (including this rumor):
  • LG Optimus Nexus (based upon the LG Optimus G)
  • Refreshed Samsung Galaxy Nexus or even a Galaxy Nexus 2
  • A sub-100 dollar Nexus 7 tablet
  • A Nexus 7 with a 3G Modem built-in
  • A 10-inch Nexus device
  • A 5-inch Nexus "phablet" from HTC
What do you guys think? Are these rumors just wishful thinking, or something more?

Source: Androidandme

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think I'm happy I have a Nexus 7 and will be seeing this on my tablet soon enough. My next phone will be a Nexus device. I'm so happy with my Nexus 7. I love my S3 and when AOSP gets to be crazy rock solid, I will probably leave rooted stock on it.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I love my N7 too but now its time for my Tbolt (i know) to be ugraded and i wanted to grab the next Nexus.
Was hoping for Samsung to drop the next one but does anyone know how good LG supports their phones?
Or is how is their signal?
I know nothing of LG phones.

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be the LG Nexus. It's about time for a new Nexus, and I don't think the rest of the Nexus family of phones will launch aside of it as they probably wont want to compete with each other/cancel each other out. There's been the most news on the LG device, so I'm thinkin it'll be legit.

Samsung will definitely have a GNex 2, but I don't think it will be launched until Spring. They have a lot on their plate with the GS3 and who knows if the HTC talk is hot air. I guess the Sony Nexus aint happenin :( . If they refresh JB with just launching a 3G enabled Nexus 7, I'll be pissed. Whatever drops first, that will be my next phone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Great piece of hardware and I'm looking forward to seeing it drop (if the rumor proves to be correct) I think the Optimus G is in a class itself right along Sammy's Note 2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'll be extremely surprised (and happy) if Verizon ever sees another Nexus device unless they change up their absurd "software testing" delays.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
though I like my galaxy nexus I wont be getting this nexus. Note 2 is slated to be my next phone.

2 gigs of ram + quad core+ JB+ LTE= Nothing but speed especially once it gets Aosp.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
though I like my galaxy nexus I wont be getting this nexus. Note 2 is slated to be my next phone.

2 gigs of ram + quad core+ JB+ LTE= Nothing but speed especially once it gets Aosp.

I think I'm going to hang on to my G-Nex for a little while. At least until we figure out this whole nexus phone rumor mill.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

And future proof for quite some time!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Since picking up an N7 I'm really not that interested in a Nexus phone. Especially one on VZW. I'll keep all of my tinkering to a device that I don't need to rely on as my daily driver.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And future proof for quite some time!

Man I am sooo hoping the devs get around the locked bootloader like they did the s3. Because if they are able to man the potential.

justinfure

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this announcement for months, being Best Buy had been offering the Nexus Galaxy S for free for 3-4 months...

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think this news is a lot of hot air. Phandroid never picked it up, and the story never really circulated. I think we should know something by Android's 5th birthday at least (I hope). Must continue to resist temptation to upgrade to an SIII. Ugh... stupid Thunderbolt

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since picking up an N7 I'm really not that interested in a Nexus phone. Especially one on VZW. I'll keep all of my tinkering to a device that I don't need to rely on as my daily driver.

Bingo. Since getting the S7 I have done most of my tweaking and goofing around on that. Currently running SmoothROM w/Motley kernel on it and loving it. For my EVO 4G LTE, I am running stock but rooted in order to get wifi tethering. Other than that, I tried a couple ROMs and to be honest, they just were not much of an improvement over stock.