[Rumor] Google Supposedly Working on KITT Voice Search for All Our Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kitt-eye.jpg

According to the latest intel, Google is working to bring Google Now voice search functionality to all of of our devices, and they plan on making it completely hands-free. The source of this intel further shared that Google has an internal codename for the functionality. They are calling it KITT after the talking car in the 1980's TV series.

On top of keeping it completely hands-free, they are supposedly even making it eye-free as well. The ultimate goal is to give users access to Google Now functionality without ever even needing to physically look at or interact with the device. The KITT capabilities will be completely voice driven.Of course, limited versions of this can already be seen in use right now with the Moto X and the Nexus 5. This report indicates Google wants to make it an Android feature for any brand or model device in the future. This could even lead to a convergence of Google's driverless cars with Android products.

Despite the limited versions of this functionality already showing up in current devices, Google is supposedly a long way from making it viable. There are tow main hurdles they must overcome. One is figuring out a logistical way for users to be able to discern between voice search results without physically looking. The other is that it currently requires the device to be plugged in and charging because of the tremendous drain on battery.

It will be very exciting to see if/when they can pull it off.

Source: SlashGear

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How to discern search results without looking?!? Is it just me, or is that a HUGE opportunity for Google to make money...not necessarily even putting your company first, but automating "take me to the best fit".

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If Google could pull this off, it would be a real game-changer.

jspradling7

Reaction score
"Take the next left Kitt"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that"

"TURN LEFT KITT!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't ca..."

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
kitt-eye.jpg

According to the latest intel, Google is working to bring Google Now voice search functionality to all of of our devices, and they plan on making it completely hands-free. The source of this intel further shared that Google has an internal codename for the functionality. They are calling it KITT after the talking car in the 1980's TV series.

On top of keeping it completely hands-free, they are supposedly even making it eye-free as well. The ultimate goal is to give users access to Google Now functionality without ever even needing to physically look at or interact with the device. The KITT capabilities will be completely voice driven.Of course, limited versions of this can already be seen in use right now with the Moto X and the Nexus 5. This report indicates Google wants to make it an Android feature for any brand or model device in the future. This could even lead to a convergence of Google's driverless cars with Android products.

Despite the limited versions of this functionality already showing up in current devices, Google is supposedly a long way from making it viable. There are tow main hurdles they must overcome. One is figuring out a logistical way for users to be able to discern between voice search results without physically looking. The other is that it currently requires the device to be plugged in and charging because of the tremendous drain on battery.

It will be very exciting to see if/when they can pull it off.

Source: SlashGear

Kitt 2015 edition

New-Coccept-Acura-Cars.jpg

hold up let me make this right as I am sure GM fans will take offense to that^

camaro_1.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
KITT as a fire-breather Camaro zl1 variant would be awesome.. The first pic looks like a modified banshee.. Which was turned into the gen4 firebird.. Either would get my vote :)

But the Mustang version of KITT was pretty awesome too..

Back on topic.. This is awesome.. I hope they pull it off.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
KITT as a fire-breather Camaro zl1 variant would be awesome.. The first pic looks like a modified banshee.. Which was turned into the gen4 firebird.. Either would get my vote :)

But the Mustang version of KITT was pretty awesome too..

Back on topic.. This is awesome.. I hope they pull it off.

this_guy_loves_his_chevy_womens_long_sleeve_shirt.jpg

I was waiting for a GM guy to come in here and set it straight, though I noticed you was kind to the mustang...are you feeling alright?

:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When are they going to start making Firebirds again?

They make em.. It's called a fire-breather. They're made by Hurst and other aftermarket companies.. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. My name. 94LT1 is a corvette engine... Gen 2..:)

jspradling7

Reaction score
Yeah I caught the reference. : ) I saw a username recently 18436572. I had a '73 Firebird in High School back in 1977. The 350 in it was the first engine I rebuilt. Built many since then.