[Rumor] Google & Samsung Team-Up: 10-Inch Nexus Tablet (2,560x1,600 display & 299PPI)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-nexus-10-inch-tab-mockup.jpeg

The above image is a mockup and may not reflect the final product.

A new rumor from a very reputable source suggests that Google and Samsung are teaming up to build a 10-Inch Nexus tablet designed to compete directly with Apple's iPad line. Not many details have been revealed about this new tablet, except that it will have insane display specs. According to the intel, the display will be capable of 2,560x1,600 resolution & 299 PPI. This smokes the newest iPad which has 264 PPI & 2,048x1,536 on a 9.7-inch display.

The info comes from Richard Shim, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch. Mr. Shim shared, "It's going to be a high-end device. They'll partner with Samsung and cobrand it with Samsung." Shim shared that this info comes from, "supply chain indications." As a sidenote, Shim also confirmed that Google will be releasing a $99 dollar tablet in December.

Source: CNET

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm happy with my Nexus 7. I had a Transformer Prime and it was just too big. My wife has an iPad 3 from her work and that too is just too big and heavy. I'm quite fond of my N7 and its size. Great news for those in the market for a 10" device and love Nexus devices too.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I love my Xoom but I can feel it's age and I'm starting to feel the urge for something a bit snappier. I have no interest in non-Nexus devices or 7" tablets.
So, to me, THIS is some juicy stuff.

Reaction score
Re:

I already have a 7 inch tablet so I have been patiently waiting for a 10 inch Nexus tablet... please let this be true!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic HD