[Rumor] Google Might Drop the Nexus Line in 2015 in Favor of 'Play Edition' Products

jamjr74

Reaction score
Having not changed phones between GB and ICS, I noticed virtually no difference, and that's with a debloated/vanilla rom.

Really? I feel the exact opposite lol. I hated GB but loved the ICS upgrade. I felt ICS made my devices noticeably improved over the GB os.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Honestly, Froyo was a huge jump, and then so was Gingerbread (which brought JIT and some other major code/speed enhancements). ICS, aside from some features most custom launchers already offered, was pretty underwhelming.

So having the latest Android just isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. I care about developer phones because I run a really heavy home set-up, and without running vanilla Android overlaying my launcher on something like Touchwiz would still cause me issues even with 2gigs of ram. Also piece-of-mind to have a back-up if I soft brick my phone messing around with root.

Oh wow, this guy is tripping hard, he must be on his way to Sochi for the Olympics lol. Any real android purist knows that GB to ICS was the best/biggest leap for Andy. Now ICS to JB was a curb jump lol. Still waiting on Google to pure KK low ram implications of whatever, they could have put it one a nexus1 or nexus S but whatever Google. And what's a brick? Isn't that something that Iph*nes and NON-NEXI experience...? I've NEVER heard of a bricked nexus!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I felt that way too til I got unlimited data now the cloud is fine with me.

I have unlimited data, but I don't want to rely on the cloud... I want to go to my family property in the mountains and not have to plan ahead of time to move the files onto my card or hope I can get a good enough connection.

I already use upwards of 8gb a month. I like my SD support and I think it's something that should go away. Especially as these get closer to computers.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I have unlimited data, but I don't want to rely on the cloud... I want to go to my family property in the mountains and not have to plan ahead of time to move the files onto my card or hope I can get a good enough connection.

I already use upwards of 8gb a month. I like my SD support and I think it's something that should go away. Especially as these get closer to computers.

Yeah I hear ya. An SD card is definitely a bonus.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Honestly, Froyo was a huge jump, and then so was Gingerbread (which brought JIT and some other major code/speed enhancements). ICS, aside from some features most custom launchers already offered, was pretty underwhelming.

So having the latest Android just isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. I care about developer phones because I run a really heavy home set-up, and without running vanilla Android overlaying my launcher on something like Touchwiz would still cause me issues even with 2gigs of ram. Also piece-of-mind to have a back-up if I soft brick my phone messing around with root.

The JIT compiler was introduced in Froyo, not gingerbread.