[Rumor] Galaxy S5 Camera's New 6-Lens Optics Causing Production Problems

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 17, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

If this rumor is true, it's probable that Samsung's newest flagship the Galaxy S5 will experience some production hiccups when it launches in April. According to the latest intel, the new camera in the Galaxy S5 includes improved 6-lens optics. These optics are supposedly giving the assemblers problems. Here's a quote with a few more details,

It's hard to say just how much production will be affected by this. Of course, Samsung has a few weeks to nail things down, so it's possible there won't be too much of an issue. It seems as if every new launch of the Galaxy S series is met with some issue which causes production delays/shortages.

Source: TalkAndroid

2. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
    Twitter:
    @AECRADIO
    I wonder what mechanism is used to hold the sandwiched lenses, or are they stacked and hermetically sealed to the corresponding lenses so the overall length is minimized?
    I would love to see the final version of the lens assembly.
    No matter the cost, I will always prefer lenses made with optical glass above any out of plastic.
    Plastic is too easily damaged by simple scratches and rubs, making the image useless.

And as an update...Our move back to AZ. is complete, and we are settling in finally.....YIPPEE!