[Rumor] Galaxy Nexus possible pre-order date

jcardona1

Reaction score
Hopefully this is true! I have the casket for my D1 prepped and ready...the original box it came in.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is true! I have the casket for my D1 prepped and ready...the original box it came in.

I would keep it! It was truly the "OG droid" and a very worthy start...I have one I bought new in box a few months back to be part of my addiction collection..lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Man I hope this is true all the waiting can be over soon. Let's hope so everyone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will get this phone as well, but, I hope by the time I get it, some of the lag is worked out. Its really sad the youtube demos all show really bad lag. I would hope this is just early stages of its progress. I know its already complete but can't find too many previews of its awesome speed being shown....

jcardona1

Reaction score
Lag? I must be blind, or my OG must be so damn freaking slow that anything looks fast lol.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lag? I must be blind, or my OG must be so damn freaking slow that anything looks fast lol.

Yes, I just watched some youtube vids and it pissed me off seeing when they hit the buttons it took much time for the process..But, I'm hoping its just they were old vids or just a bad demo..I really love and want this Google Phone!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just watched some youtube vids and it pissed me off seeing when they hit the buttons it took much time for the process..But, I'm hoping its just they were old vids or just a bad demo..I really love and want this Google Phone!!

Go look at some of the review vids..Most of course were japanese but, it was laggy.. but in no way am I taking it to heart. I am viewing some now that look much better in response...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Go look at some of the review vids..Most of course were japanese but, it was laggy.. but in no way am I taking it to heart. I am viewing some now that look much better in response...

Due to my own curiosity I am wondering, would you say it is laggy for a stock android phone or it is laggy compared to our rooted, blazing fast droids? I am just wondering because that makes a big difference and I have not watched the videos to make a comparison.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Due to my own curiosity I am wondering, would you say it is laggy for a stock android phone or it is laggy compared to our rooted, blazing fast droids? I am just wondering because that makes a big difference and I have not watched the videos to make a comparison.

Well, I'm sure the vids I watched were just early release for the tech release shows..you know they had all the phones tied up to a lanyard where it can't be stolen..lol the one I saw that was the worst was a japanese one...go check it out. Just youtube search nexus prime and you'll see it, its the one with the closeup of the phone...they were speaking in japanese and laughing I guess at the response..I'm not making any judgements till I see it...And if tomorrow when the Bionic gets here, if its no different from my repair jobs..I'm marching to verizon and swapping for razr. Its what I asked for originally, but the guy lied on the phone for a sale according to the verizon tech online...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I am going to have to check it out. And I agree it is very hard to judge without hands on experience with the device.

On a side not let me know how the Bionic works out for you :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am going to have to check it out. And I agree it is very hard to judge without hands on experience with the device.

On a side not let me know how the Bionic works out for you :)

Well, I'm almost positive ill be returning it for the razr..I haven't had any calls or complaints on this device! Unlike the bionic. But like I said before when I was talking to you last time...Apparently the initial release was just a handful of devices as even now all I get are people either wanting to fix broken glass or replacement parts for cosmetics..I guess the razr is bionic in strength..lol But, I will let you know. You know I will check every aspect of the bionic. The pros are that development has had time to settle and spread on the bio, and the razr won't be too too much longer. Its the nonremovable battery that gets me. But, I will take that gamble if I don't like the bionic:) Two years will be a long wait for a device I can't stand to look at and operate:)