[RUMOR] Five "Nexus" Devices Revealed on November 5th?

mgrande

Reaction score
My guess is that they won't be 5 virtually identical handsets made by different manufacturers. but will come in 5 different size. Remember, the 5 devices reportedly include tablets.

My guess would be a 4" phone, a 4.5" phone, a 5" phone/tablet, 7" tablet, and a 10" tablet.

LG will make the 4" phone, because they're good at "low end" devices
Samsung will make the 4.5" phone, similar design to Galaxy sIII
HTC will make the 5" Phone/tablet (already rumors that HTC is working on a 5" galaxy note competitor, with 1080p resolution, why not this?)
Asus and Motorola will each make one of the tablet sizes

Thoughts on my predictions?

My guess is motorola makes the Verizon one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Remember Remember the 5th of November.
cant wait to see what happens

npro1464

Reaction score
Im sure some cosmetic changes between carriers will take place. That's what I took it as anyway.

Oh boy. Cant wait for the black and red Droid Nexus Super Duper HD featuring VZ Navigator, Citysearch, and Lets Golf 2.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ah really? this is exciting....(looks for piggy bank) time to start saving.... :D

mgrande

Reaction score
If more info on this comes out before 6/27 I may have to rethink my upgrade. May be better off just waiting for JB considering how long its taking phones to get ics

hotice

Reaction score
I don't agree that we would have 5 of nearly the same thing.

I don't understand this argument at all. Moto Execs have said the same thing, that software needed to provide the differentiation between Android phones. I completely disagree. There are many hardware differences that will make one device desirable over another based on personal preference and therefore many reasons to have a choice of Nexus devices. I'll list some of the variations that could make one device desirable over another depending on personal preference. These are not all things I want or like.
- Physical size
- Physical keyboard
- Display size
- Display type (OLED, LCD, PenTile, non-PenTile)
- Display resolution (qHD isn't bad and would help keep cost down while improving battery life and performance when compared to 720p)
- Processor type (S4, Exynos, OMAP, Tegra 3)
- GPU, paired with the CPU but they do vary in performance greatly, even by application, and some will chose a device based on this.
- RAM (most are using 1GB now but how about 2GB in something other than that one LG)
- Built-in storage
- Notification LED
- OEM's reputation for delivering updates
- MicroHDMI
- MicroUSB (hopefully they will all still have this)
- MicroSDHC (isn't it about time for MicroSDXC people)
- Battery capacity
- Removable battery
- Materials used (plastic, carbon fiber, Kevlar, poly-carbonate)
- Water proofing tech used in some devices like the Droid Razr
- Beats Audio
- Back-side illuminated sensor for the camera and camera quality in general
- Physical camera button
- Active noise cancellation
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Gyroscope
- NFC
- Barometer (has any phone had this?)
- Front facing 720p capable camera, how about 1080p? The Playbook had 1080p a year ago!

Tell me there is not room for 5 (or more!) different Nexus devices!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope we see an Intel processor in the moto version. That's just me though.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

hotice

Reaction score
I'm curious

Are there specific things that you are expecting that would be better or different from what we have available now on Android phones?

Personally, I think Intel processors are great on laptops and desktops but I'm really not to interested in having one in a phone or tablet. Really, unless Intel does the unthinkable and makes their processor ARM compatible I'm not interested since software would need to be recompiled - meaning there would be different versions of apps. I guess Java would get around that to some degree but expect bugs and incompatibilities with apps you use every day.

On the other hand I'm all for having options so go ahead an bring them Intel! I just don't expect them to be worth the trouble they will be if they are not ARM compatible. I guess they could always bring back the XScale but I don't expect it and that would need a complete revamp by now anyway.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They already have an agreement with moto... so Intel will power moto in the near future. I just like how Intel chips are able to make things happen, if you know what I mean :)

mgrande

Reaction score
They already have an agreement with moto... so Intel will power moto in the near future. I just like how Intel chips are able to make things happen, if you know what I mean :)

Really? I saw that they would be going with a snapdragon.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola and Intel are collaborating on future android devices. And we seen Intel phones in action so its capable of handling the load.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2