[Rumor] First Solid Samsung Galaxy S5 Pic Surfaces (Sort of)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s5-design-render-move-player-1.jpg

It's possible the above pic is the first solid image of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 to hit the web. Up until now, nearly all of the leaks and rumors regarding the Galaxy S5 have centered around the specs/features of the device and/or the materials it will be made from. We have yet to see any decent photographic evidence of the device.

The above render comes from a Korean Website named, Move Player. The reason this still might be legit is because they have an amazing track record regarding the final look of the Samsung Galaxy Series products. For the past three incarnations of the Samsung Galaxy, Move Player has been nearly spot on with there interpretation of the device. It's almost like they have an insider working at Samsung.

While this is hardly perfect proof that the SGS5 will follow this trend, it's the best we have right now. Additional corroboration comes from two things. One, not too long ago some design sketches for the Galaxy S5 hit the web that were supposedly straight from Samsung. This render closely resembles those sketches. Two, Samsung themselves have previously acknowledged the the Galaxy S4 too closely resembled the Galaxy S3, and they planned to use a different design for the Galaxy S5.

Share in the thread what you think of this design for the Galaxy S5!

Source: BGR

jspradling7

Reaction score
On the one hand, the Note and Galaxy models have been so successful I just can't see Samsung changing the look very much. On the other hand, if they are as disappointed in the sales of the S4 as some have said, maybe they will break the mold a bit with the S5. My money is on more of the same look like the above pic suggests.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I like my S4. It's been a faithful phone.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I can't tell it apart from the S4.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
can any phone company make anything look revolutionary? they are limited to the design by the functions of the devices. until i see something like the phone from total recall or minority report they all are going to look alike.

Bara65

Reaction score
I saw this image too a few weeks ago, but don't remember where. Not sure if this is real deal. I'm 50/50 on that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
can any phone company make anything look revolutionary? they are limited to the design by the functions of the devices. until i see something like the phone from total recall or minority report they all are going to look alike.

Yeah, I always laugh at people who say a phone is sexy or ugly - they are 90% screen!!! It's like looking at two identical cars and declaring one ugly and one beautiful based on the tires.

silverfang77

Reaction score
A phone is a tool to be used, not a babe magnet.

SGS5soon

Reaction score
Yeah, I always laugh at people who say a phone is sexy or ugly - they are 90% screen!!! It's like looking at two identical cars and declaring one ugly and one beautiful based on the tires.

so you are saying this car for example:
PRINDIVILLE-LAMBORGHINI-AVENTADOR.jpg

17-lamborghini-aventador-na-debut.jpg

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4.jpg

Lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-red-hd-desktop-wallpaper-high-640x359.jpg

isn't sexier than this one?:

fiat-multipla-2002-001.jpg

same logic applies when it comes to smartphones, some are uglier than others, for example the galaxy s3 was hideous compared to the iPhone 4. I have yet to see a smartphone that is anywhere close to Lamborghini or Ferrari car in terms of design and aesthetics. Even the iPhone isn't that great looking a device. it's design is overrated and overused. smartphone market is so bland boring nowadays.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I care only for function, not form.