[Rumor] First Hands-On Report of the LG Optimus G Nexus Supposedly from a Googler

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystery-LG-device-takes-aim-at-Amazon-and-Apple-LG_3.jpeg

While it would be a very rare occurrence for the following rumor to be true, it does look pretty intriguing so we thought we would share it. Supposedly, an actual Google employee just shared a hands-on with the new LG Optimus G Nexus device. While it would be surprising if a Googler actually risked on of the best jobs on the planet just to share some juicy Nexus gossip, it is not outside the realm of possibility, so it is worth repeating. Apparently, the LG Nexus device is already in the hands of some Google employees, and this particular one shared his hands-on report with some fellow bloggers. Here's the quote,

“I can confirm the next nexus is LG Optimus based. The phone looks surprisingly like the Galaxy Nexus and does not have sharp corners like the LG Optimus we already know. It has a silver’ring like the iPhone 3G around the outer edge of the screen which seemed to be similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size but was much better in brightness.

I couldn’t have said if it was larger in the few minutes that I had the phone. Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors. There was also the LG logo on the back.

Android 4.2 in its current state looked exactly like the 4.1.1 we love. There were no tabs on that build version for home-screens as you suggested from your other tipster. What I was amazed by is how fluid everything seemed to be from exiting apps, switching, etc. It seems like they’ve increased the number of transitions and their types. It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”

One other rumor that came from this is that a picture was shared with the story that came from the LG Nexus device. Unfortunately the source of the article felt it was not appropriate to post, so we don't have it. What is interesting is that the EXIF data on the pic indicates the camera on the LG Nexus phone is only 8MP instead of the 13MP we seen reported about the LG Optimus G. This doesn't necessarily invalidate the story; however. Previous information from LG indicates that there will be a variant of the LG Optimus G that only has an 8MP camera.

What do you guys think? Is this more "blown smoke" or are we actually seeing this new onslaught of rumors because there is some truth to it?

Cheers, tgyberg!

Source: Androidandme

Tillmorn

Reaction score
The multi-colored "x" makes me question the validity of this more than anything else. It would be interesting if true, and I'd much prefer a device along the body style of the galaxy nexus. If it is made out of better materials and has a slight heft to it. As much as a "thinner, lighter" device tickles many people's fancy, I preferred the weight of my old Eris and now my Bionic to most stuff released these days.