[Rumor] Final Design of the Samsung Galaxy S IV (I9502) Revealed in Several Pics

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_009.jpg
gsmarena_004.jpg

Look what we have here. Samsung's security in China seems to have sprung a leak, and it's a doozy. The included pics are of a phone with the model number I9502 that is slated for China. It is highly likely that this is the final design of the Samsung Galaxy S IV, and that most of the versions will look similar or identical to this one. As you can see between its size and its shape, it seems to fit readily with several of the previous rumors regarding the device. Also, it seems to have that same glossy plastic back we have come to expect from Samsung. This time, there is a bit more textured pattern on the casing though. For the most part this design keeps with Samsung's previous "organic" design aesthetic that has obviously worked for them.

gsmarena_001.jpg
gsmarena_003.jpg

It's probably not surprising that they haven't changed much considering how incredibly well the SGS2 and SGS3 sold. It is possible this is just a temporary case until the full reveal later this week, but the design aesthetic seems to hold to Samsung's pattern. We will know for sure in just a few days.

Thanks for the tip, Tears for Fears!

Although we picked out some of the best of the pics, there are a few more at the source link below.

Update: We just realized we forgot to share another part of this leak. The specs of the phone were supposedly also included in this leaked Chinese version of the SGS4. Here's what was shared,
  • Two SIM card slots
  • 1080p screen
  • 2 gigs of RAM
  • 13 MP camera
  • 1.8 GHz clocked processor
  • Android 4.2.1 on board
This is mostly what we heard before, although the dual-SIM card slots is intriguing.

Source: GalaxyS4Forums.net via GSMArena

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Incoming opinion: The case that was revealed last week doesn't match this design. So either the case is wrong or this isn't the "final design" Am I off base on this?

[video=youtube;SdNAgADvdqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SdNAgADvdqY[/video]

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Incoming opinion: The case that was revealed last week doesn't match this design. So either the case is wrong or this isn't the "final design" Am I off base on this?

You make a great point. Either the external case is wrong or the pics of the SGS4 are wrong. Maybe Sammy purposefully created the SGS3-like case to throw off potential leaks...

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I hope that's not the final, the case exposed has a more square design and that is much more attractive to me than the rounded S3.

summit21

Reaction score
It's ugly as pictured. Looks like the Big ugly, red headed step sister of the S3. If I were judging simply on style then the HTC One beats the S4 hands, no contest.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hope that's not the final, the case exposed has a more square design and that is much more attractive to me than the rounded S3.
Agree, to me it looks like another S3. I'll be disappointed if this is the final design...

skennelly

Reaction score

I noticed this as well. I saw an article that showed these pics as well as the case together and yet they still wrote as though these pictures were legitimate. It just seems that some sites are just regurgitating the same things and no one is really paying attention to what they are writing about.