Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
DROID HD May be Headed to Verizon as the Motorola “Spyder”

The DROID HD that was pictured with the Droid Bionic a few days ago. Sources are saying that this phone will be coming to Verizon as the Motorola Spyder. Some are saying that Spyder is a code name and that it will more then likely come to Verizon as a Droid phone. Could this be Verizon's first Ice Cream Sandwich Device? We will just have to wait and see!!!

Source

Last edited:

anuraj1

Reaction score
Preach, I know you are looking forward to the Bionic like I am, but do you think you're gonna wait for this device or are you still going for the Bionic?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Preach, I know you are looking forward to the Bionic like I am, but do you think you're gonna wait for this device or are you still going for the Bionic?

More then likely. I am going to get the Bionic. Waited long enough. I am not going to wait another month or 2 or 3 after September!!!

EFGantry

Reaction score
Preach is going Bionic, guaranteed! and, not hard to blame him (especially since he's been encumbered by a BB Storm). ;)

but, i've considerably cooled on the DHD. right now, it's looking like it doesn't have a true HD screen (DL reporting that's being reserved for the Dinara, a "higher-end" device over the DHD) - which makes no sense to me. based upon what we know now, it looks like the DHD is just a thinner Bionic, with maybe a "different" screen (but not true HD). other than that, no specs to indicate it is significantly better (or even different, for that matter) than the Bionic.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this is the first time so many awesome highend phones have been on the horizon to Verizon (oh yeah totally just rhymed that junk). Its going to be a tough choice for my upgrade I currently have. But I have decided it will be one of the phones scheduled to come out by October.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

KOBALT

Reaction score
Im using my woman's upgrade for the Bionic. Ill get the HD with my upgrade next year :p

Sent from my DROIDX

EFGantry

Reaction score
i will say that one thing has me intrigued about the DHD, and that's the reference to it being a "brother" to the Photon. since the Photon bootloader has already been unlocked, that might bode well for the DHD (altho i'm sure vzw will have something to say about that).

jadesaber2

Reaction score
i will say that one thing has me intrigued about the DHD, and that's the reference to it being a "brother" to the Photon. since the Photon bootloader has already been unlocked, that might bode well for the DHD (altho i'm sure vzw will have something to say about that).

Different processor (OMAP vs Tegra 2) Don't know if that makes any difference in the ease of unlocking the bootloader.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well doesn't the name DROID HD on the Welcome Screen mean anything. I mean if its already as the Droid HD I don't see why they would change it lol.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Snow02

Reaction score
It would more than likely use the HD name for marketing purposes. Much like the X is internally the shadow, but it's marketed as the X. I can't see them trying to sell a phone called Spyder. But who knows.

EFGantry

Reaction score
The DL article claims that Spyder is just the codename, not the actual device name for marketing and sales.