[Rumor] Droid 3 Specs Leaked; Dual-Core CPU, qHD 4-inch Display, No LTE

etx_droid

Reaction score
^^yep, what he said. I haven't seen one Droid X2 commercial, it's all about the TB and Charge. The thing that bugs me is a lot of people do nothing but complain about the phones that are out. Fact is, there are two good 4G devices out right now. The TB has tons of dev support and I know a few people who have it that love it.

Folks won't give the Charge a chance because of Samsung's update history, but the people that have this phone also love it. I still consider my OG a "top tier" device...am I wrong?? Probably, but the amount of things I've been able to do with this phone is remarkable.

loki993

Reaction score
Im not sayig they should only release 4g phones. Im saying they should not release a phone that they will be claiming as a top tier flagship model without 4G. Bottom line is as far as Im concerned any phone without 4g is a middle tier phone. Theyre going to probably want $200+ for that phone. I wouldnt pay $200+ for that phone if it didnt have 4g. I would pay $200+ for the Tbolt and it DOES have 4G.

Veizon claims they will have 145 markets running but the end of this year. 2/3s coverage but mid 2012 and the entire network but the end of 2013. There doesnt seem to be any reason to think these claims are not accurate as it does seem like they are expanding the network quite aggressivly. Needless to say by this time next year, most people will probally have 4g access. A great deal will probally have access by the end if this year if theyre near a major metro area. If the stick to the plan at least. With a 2 year contract you would ahve 4g access at some point. Why not futureproof yourself. So again I guess I just dont understand why they would release a phone like that without 4G, it doesnt make any sense to me.

Who said the Droid 3 is going to be considered a top tier flagship model? It hasn't even been announced, so no one knows how they'll market it. The Droid 2 certainly wasn't pushed as a flagship model. It was released a month after the Droid X with virtually no advertising whatsoever. What 3G phones has Verizon been really pushing as of late as flagship models anyway? All of the commercials and advertising I see are for the Thunderbolt and the Charge right now.

LTE still has a lot of kinks to be worked out. Most people around here realize that, but the general public wants something that works well right out of the box. They don't want to have to worry about major battery issues, inconsistent 4G connections, or even getting a 4G connection at all. So what if most people have access to 4G within a year? Most people care about what works right now, and LTE won't work for most people right now. We often forget that people on these and similar forums represent a tiny fraction of cell phone customers. Verizon has to cater to everyone, especially the bulk of their customers. The bulk of their customers want something that works well now. That's the reason they're still releasing good 3G phones.

You do make a good point there.

^^yep, what he said. I haven't seen one Droid X2 commercial, it's all about the TB and Charge. The thing that bugs me is a lot of people do nothing but complain about the phones that are out. Fact is, there are two good 4G devices out right now. The TB has tons of dev support and I know a few people who have it that love it.

Folks won't give the Charge a chance because of Samsung's update history, but the people that have this phone also love it. I still consider my OG a "top tier" device...am I wrong?? Probably, but the amount of things I've been able to do with this phone is remarkable.

Yeah that and the $300 price tag. Dont know why they priced it that high, really out of whack if you ask me.

gsdreams

Reaction score
No one knows the release price yet. The DX2 was rumored to cost $300 prior to release and it came out at $199.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No one knows the release price yet. The DX2 was rumored to cost $300 prior to release and it came out at $199.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I don't remember the X2 ever being rumored to be $300. Maybe when there were people wondering if it would be LTE, but it's been pretty clear that $199 is standard for 3G phones for awhile now. There's no way that Verizon will price the Droid 3 any higher than $199 since the $249-$299 range is now for LTE phones.

loki993

Reaction score
^^Yeah, I agree, the price is a little steep, but it is NEW technology...

Right it is, but its $50 more expensive then the Tbolt a phone that is very similar to it, if not better. Also isnt it one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, 4g phones out right now? On any carrier?

Maybe its becasue of the new AMMOLED lol. Dont know really, I just hope the pricing on the Charge isnt a sign of things to come. If it is then I will be holding onto my D2 for a while.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Im not sayig they should only release 4g phones. Im saying they should not release a phone that they will be claiming as a top tier flagship model without 4G. Bottom line is as far as Im concerned any phone without 4g is a middle tier phone. Theyre going to probably want $200+ for that phone. I wouldnt pay $200+ for that phone if it didnt have 4g. I would pay $200+ for the Tbolt and it DOES have 4G.

Veizon claims they will have 145 markets running but the end of this year. 2/3s coverage but mid 2012 and the entire network but the end of 2013. There doesnt seem to be any reason to think these claims are not accurate as it does seem like they are expanding the network quite aggressivly. Needless to say by this time next year, most people will probally have 4g access. A great deal will probally have access by the end if this year if theyre near a major metro area. If the stick to the plan at least. With a 2 year contract you would ahve 4g access at some point. Why not futureproof yourself. So again I guess I just dont understand why they would release a phone like that without 4G, it doesnt make any sense to me.

Who said the Droid 3 is going to be considered a top tier flagship model? It hasn't even been announced, so no one knows how they'll market it. The Droid 2 certainly wasn't pushed as a flagship model. It was released a month after the Droid X with virtually no advertising whatsoever. What 3G phones has Verizon been really pushing as of late as flagship models anyway? All of the commercials and advertising I see are for the Thunderbolt and the Charge right now.

LTE still has a lot of kinks to be worked out. Most people around here realize that, but the general public wants something that works well right out of the box. They don't want to have to worry about major battery issues, inconsistent 4G connections, or even getting a 4G connection at all. So what if most people have access to 4G within a year? Most people care about what works right now, and LTE won't work for most people right now. We often forget that people on these and similar forums represent a tiny fraction of cell phone customers. Verizon has to cater to everyone, especially the bulk of their customers. The bulk of their customers want something that works well now. That's the reason they're still releasing good 3G phones.

Yeah that and the $300 price tag. Dont know why they priced it that high, really out of whack if you ask me.

I'm sure you have noticed this but its only 4g phones that verizon is releasing on the price tag

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I'm sure you have noticed this but its only 4g phones that verizon is releasing on the price tag

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

He was talking about a 4G phone - the Droid Charge. :)