Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. We told you 3 weeks ago that August 7 appeared to be the release date.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is this such news again? Its been the first week of August for weeks I have said it, and others have said it. Once more we should see the DI and Droid get Froyo beginning next week.

Just because some other site didnt want to give us credit :icon_eek: now its official :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Droid101

Reaction score
Its official straight from matt on the Motorola owners forums!

Here is what he saiddancedroid

I'm happy to report that Verizon Wireless will start pushing Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the original Droid by Motorola during the week of August 2.

Although I can't confirm it yet, I would not be surprised if there were a push to some small number of users as a pre-launch test as early as tonight...

Droid101

Reaction score
Its official straight from matt on the Motorola owners forums!

Here is what he saiddancedroid

I'm happy to report that Verizon Wireless will start pushing Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the original Droid by Motorola during the week of August 2.

Although I can't confirm it yet, I would not be surprised if there were a push to some small number of users as a pre-launch test as early as tonight...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. We told you 3 weeks ago that August 7 appeared to be the release date.

I may be wrong about this, Hook, but wasn't that a revised prediction on your part? I seem to recall a June prediction back in May while some of us suggested August at the time. As noted, I may be wrong about that. If so, apologies. :)

titans1

Reaction score
dunno why you would want thier update anyway? less you like all the crap they load on your phone without your knowledge.

dima1109

Reaction score
Snobby-as-hell geeks with rooted phones dissing the rest of us who are actually excited about this ... GO!!!

smokecombs

Reaction score
Snobby-as-hell geeks with rooted phones dissing the rest of us who are actually excited about this ... GO!!!
Lol, Motorola just posted this on their Facebook earlier today. It does only mention the "droid", I'm hoping that entails all droids including my X. But I'm excited about it. I wasn't brave enough to mess with my phone to try the rooting stuff, $199 is a lot of money to my broke ass.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Lol, Motorola just posted this on their Facebook earlier today. It does only mention the "droid", I'm hoping that entails all droids including my X. But I'm excited about it. I wasn't brave enough to mess with my phone to try the rooting stuff, $199 is a lot of money to my broke ass.

Try $599. There's a one-touch rooting program now, and the actual number of bricked phones is astronomically low. Almost every "bricked" phone you see a thread started over is merely locked in a bootloop due to a messed up download or some other problem because people got hasty or lazy. Just about every last one of them was fixed in about 20 minutes of actual work.

However, don't let someone who rooted their phone tell you to root if you don't want to. It's YOUR phone and YOUR $599 you'll have to shell out if you break it.

Enjoy FroYo when it hits your phone, folks! It's incredible.

seahawk1984

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid with sapphire, and was wondering if when 2.2 is officially released, will I get the update message on my phone? If so should I update? Should I switch back to factory default first? And if I do update will I need to go through the process of rooting the phone again? Will the same process I used to root the first time work?

Thanks.