Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

bbtkd

Reaction score
In 2-3 months I will tell you the exact date that it was released. Use no firmware before its time!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I remember reading on MDW that P3, the father of the Froyo leak, saying that August 6th was the day of release for the Moto Droid. I think he is a reliable source. As far as all 3 phone at one time that would be great.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running a leaked version of Froyo (FRG01B) and it's slow, glitchy, and really disappointing. Aside from some awesome features on my Droid like 5 home screens, the Update All and Auto-Update features in the market, and the ability to move some installed apps to the SD card the sluggish responsiveness of the home screen and power widget is annoying. I don't know why people say Froyo runs faster on their phones, I think they're imagining things. Currently Froyo = Sloyo but maybe by the time it's "officially" released Google will have worked out all of the bugs and it will run fast and smooth. It may also be possible that the leaked version I'm running is meant for the Nexus One and thus isn't utilizing the Droid hardware very well. I know with Eclair the Nexus had like 5 or 7 home screens and with the Droid version of Eclair it still only has 3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Froyo will be awesome but I'm not holding my breath on a release date. Google won't release it until they are sure it's ready, and of course Verizon won't push it OTA until they're good and ready. Fortunately, most of us don't have to wait for it to be pushed.

Lol, idk what you've been running, but 99% of people who run froyo see an improvement. Did you wipe before applying?

Better yet, just try a custom rom like Cyanogen or Sapphire(pick this one :D).

leoiden

Reaction score
who cares man give us a leaked froyo 2.2 for htc incredible
the heck with the release date its more exciting when something gets leaked and you dont know about it!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So because you're running a leaked crappy version you think that's what will be officially released?

Get real.

I'm running a leaked version of Froyo (FRG01B) and it's slow, glitchy, and really disappointing. Aside from some awesome features on my Droid like 5 home screens, the Update All and Auto-Update features in the market, and the ability to move some installed apps to the SD card the sluggish responsiveness of the home screen and power widget is annoying. I don't know why people say Froyo runs faster on their phones, I think they're imagining things. Currently Froyo = Sloyo but maybe by the time it's "officially" released Google will have worked out all of the bugs and it will run fast and smooth. It may also be possible that the leaked version I'm running is meant for the Nexus One and thus isn't utilizing the Droid hardware very well. I know with Eclair the Nexus had like 5 or 7 home screens and with the Droid version of Eclair it still only has 3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Froyo will be awesome but I'm not holding my breath on a release date. Google won't release it until they are sure it's ready, and of course Verizon won't push it OTA until they're good and ready. Fortunately, most of us don't have to wait for it to be pushed.

Lol, idk what you've been running, but 99% of people who run froyo see an improvement. Did you wipe before applying?

Better yet, just try a custom rom like Cyanogen or Sapphire(pick this one :D).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Mmmmm, FroYo... <Insert the sound of Homer Simpson drooling here.>

I've been running Froyo ROMs since the second leak (and wiping till it hurts) on my Droid and haven't looked back. I look forward to Verizon letting all the people who've patiently (ha ha ha!) waited for the sweet FroYo goodness to hit their phones finally enjoy Flash and JIT. Really, folks, you've been missing out!

xandor

Reaction score
I can't wait for froyo. Right now I'm enjoying launcherpro with 5 home screens.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Tanknspank said:

So because you're running a leaked crappy version you think that's what will be officially released?

Get real.

First off I did a clean install of FRF84B because you really have to when coming from 2.1. FRF84B is the leaked ROM from MDW and it was sluggish on my Droid. I then tried BBv04 with several different kernels and it was sluggish. I then upgraded to FRG01B and it's sluggish. My phone had a major issue while running FRG01B so I did an sbf flash with a stock 2.1 sbf file which fixed the major issue and then I did a clean install of FRG01B and because I had just come from 2.1 I could definitely see that 2.1 is a lot more responsive on my Droid and 2.2 is slower. While I never said FRG01B was going to be the same version that is rumored to be released I do wonder how many more revised versions they can come out with between now and the rumored date?

Final notes: I am just letting people know my experience with Froyo, there is no reason to jump all over me just because you don't agree.

titans1

Reaction score
some phones just arent good enough for froyo:) I have been on froyo for quite a while now and i love it. yes it did increase the speed of my phone especially when i installed the proper kernal. my phone flies and average 1710 on quad. So stop waiting for those of you with a real droid (1) that is and root and get it done already. Quit waiting on verizon and motorola.

scf

Reaction score
omg_onoz.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this rumor is correct. And I've already stated in several threads that the date for the first to roll out for Droid is 8/7. Then it's to be followed by the X and the last was the Incredible.

I would say that the "source" I got this from was pretty good, but I haven't heard anything in a while. I'll double check it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually do have an update on what I'm hearing now. I'm hearing the Incredible on 8/4, Droid still on 8/7 and X on 8/16.

Again, don't expect everyone to get the update right on those days. They will start out slowly and increase with each following day.