Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I heard the Droid X should have it by December 15th
Is that a Tuesday? ;)

Right now the problem is they need to optimize MotoBlur to work with 2.2 and it's not going well. As with any non-Google UI, it's a pain to shoehorn. There was a leaked build, IIRC, and it was sluggish and scored very low in Quadrant (not that Q means much in the real world). In short, bad performance. The good news is they've made progress. The REALLY good news is Droid 1 owners get to point and laugh.

Just kidding. The X is awesome and if it wasn't for the locked bootloader it might be on my "eventually must have" list.

The really good news is that unless something major is broken you'll get your updates relatively soon. I mean, come on, the phone WAS just released. :)

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Just talked to Verizon Rep. Froyo comes out tonight and with this upgrade you can go to settings and request the update and don't have to wait your turn

Probably lots of disappointed people still seeing "Your system is up to date"...

hobby31

Reaction score
I heard the Droid X should have it by December 15th
Is that a Tuesday? ;)

Right now the problem is they need to optimize MotoBlur to work with 2.2 and it's not going well. As with any non-Google UI, it's a pain to shoehorn. There was a leaked build, IIRC, and it was sluggish and scored very low in Quadrant (not that Q means much in the real world). In short, bad performance. The good news is they've made progress. The REALLY good news is Droid 1 owners get to point and laugh.

Just kidding. The X is awesome and if it wasn't for the locked bootloader it might be on my "eventually must have" list.

The really good news is that unless something major is broken you'll get your updates relatively soon. I mean, come on, the phone WAS just released. :)

Isn't the Droid 2 running motoblur with 2.2 and coming out in the next week or so?

JMody

Reaction score
I read yesterday that the update will not support wifi tethering or tethering at all..... Any word on this yet?

paulhusker

Reaction score
Just got a call back from a top tier tech, tomorrow it will begin rolling out. She said I should be happy as it is a major update that will speed up the phone quite a bit. :)

Is that for all Droid phones including the Incredible? Thanx

fishstick600

Reaction score
My buddy has an evo and is downloading it now. Kinda pisses me off. I hope the x hlgets it soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Well looks like the crystal balls were wrong again. Still no Froyo update for the Droid
Not all phones get updated at the same time (no network can handle that). A certain number of phones get the update pushed to them, then some more do, then some more.

The first few days are generally a lower number, as they want to make sure that there isn't a catostrophic bug in the update (so they only have to replace a few hundred phones instead of a couple hundred thousand phones).

The update is coming. It is coming very soon.

KevinJ

Reaction score
When the 2.1 update came out, I got the update a week after it started rolling out. I wasn't worried that I wouldn't get it, nor was a chomping at the bit to get it.

Patience grasshopper.