[Rumor] Another Photo Taken Using Galaxy Nexus and Two from Moto Droid RAZR

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-nexus-exif.png

Just yesterday we shared a story about some pics that were supposedly taken using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus by a couple of Google employees. Today, we have a new batch of pictures that were found on Picasa. The EXIF data above was taken from a pic using the Galaxy Nexus (if it isn't a fake). The original source of the article didn't include the actual picture because he felt it was "too personal."

razr-photo1.png
razr-photo2.png

The other pics were taken using a Motorola Droid RAZR. The pics from the RAZR were of various widescreen shots, and the pic from the Nexus was a 3.2MP standard shot. Keep in mind, that these could be the default resolutions of the software on each respective phone, and may not be indicative of the actually max capabilities of the cameras. Of course, we have no way of knowing for sure.

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could definitely see this as the work of some jerk-donkey who saw the story yesterday and thought it would be funny to spoof some new pictures

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Fake, Look at the Manufacturer names of the so called "Razr" pics, one is Motoralae and the other is Motorolan. Throws up red flags to me. Anyone have a better explanation for this?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ Maybe they are different Razrs, with different revision cameras? Motorola rev. e and Motorola rev. n? Maybe the EXIF data is screwing up the model names, or they are simply codenames. Or it could even be the phone's "name" and they are internal Motorola units. Motorola E and Motorola N.

Alot of explainations that are too plausible to automatically call it a fake.

EDIT: Am I the only one who is really curious about what the "too personal to post" picture was of?

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
You could easily modify exif data. I could make the pics from my Droid 1 seem like it came from a Samsung Nexus Galactic Primeasaurus Rex.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I could definitely see this as the work of some jerk-donkey who saw the story yesterday and thought it would be funny to spoof some new pictures

You get a like for "jerk-donkey" because I got a little chuckle out of it :)

Hsunami

Reaction score
as far as i know ISO count does not go up to 65k.....I believe highest for DSLR cameras are 6400 with High1 or something, highly doubt a phone camera is going to go up that high.....So...65k...ISO....(Cough ) B$LL...#$%^(Cough)

1st picture is believable but 2nd one.....with ISO at 65k...

Last edited:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
as far as i know ISO count does not go up to 65k.....I believe highest for DSLR cameras are 6400 with High1 or something, highly doubt a phone camera is going to go up that high.....So...65k...ISO....(Cough ) B$LL...#$%^(Cough)

1st picture is believable but 2nd one.....with ISO at 65k...

The highest for dslrs is 102k

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

Hsunami

Reaction score
LOL heya! jcardona1 i didn't know you were on this fourm too??? LOL!!! Small world....love that national geographic shot you had.....(drools).......

but even if the ISO was that high wouldn't that picture have alot of noise? unless it was "enhanced....."

plus why would you put that high of an ISO into a Phone camera.....

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
LOL heya! jcardona1 i didn't know you were on this fourm too??? LOL!!! Small world....love that national geographic shot you had.....(drools).......

but even if the ISO was that high wouldn't that picture have alot of noise? unless it was "enhanced....."

HAHA! Thought that name sounded familiar :D You would expect it to be noisy, but there's a lot of differences between the sensor of a DSLR and a cell phone, along with the focal length. Ever notice how cell phones always shoot at big open apertures, yet the depth of field is as long as school bus? Shoot at f/3 on a DSLR and your depth of field will be a few inches.

Hsunami

Reaction score
LOL, you should sell me a print of that beautiful turtle...or let me come to ur house "LOok" at it....yea......(Stealing hat on).

So true....wish DSLRs could shoot like that without needing to spending hundreds to thousands on lens......

I got myself a d7000 w/ the 18-105 kit, can't wait for it to come in on saturday. You ever sell ur kit? Last i read you were selling ur d90 like wayyyy back...

jcardona1

Reaction score
LOL, you should sell me a print of that beautiful turtle...or let me come to ur house "LOok" at it....yea......(Stealing hat on).

So true....wish DSLRs could shoot like that without needing to spending hundreds to thousands on lens......

I got myself a d7000 w/ the 18-105 kit, can't wait for it to come in on saturday. You ever sell ur kit? Last i read you were selling ur d90 like wayyyy back...

Ha! Yeah that was some luck on that turtle shot. Na, ended up keeping it. Decided to stick with the D90 and keep working on off-camera lighting. Still have a lot to learn, and I feel the full frame D700 is out of my league at the moment. Maybe down the road :)