1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] 5-Inch HTC Droid Incredible X Will be the Google Nexus 5

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 24, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here's an intriguing bit of "rumnint" for this Monday morning. Supposedly according to some "reliable sources" the rumored 5-inch HTC Droid Incredible X will actually be a Nexus product. According to the intel, the "phablet" sized device from HTC will actually be the Google Nexus 5. Here's a quote with the details,

Hmmm... this would be an interesting move for HTC, but it might just be what they need to do to shake things up and get noticed again. The specs certainly seem amazing. Of course, this is a rumor about a rumor, so I would remain skeptical until we come up with some additional corroboration.

Source: PhoneArena
  2. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Meh, I really didn't want to get a phablet as my next phone, and my next phone will​ be a Nexus. If this is the case, I hope Sony, Samsung, and LG offer Nexuses as well with varying sizes.
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

Hell yes, I'd buy one
  4. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

I concur.
    I dont want a 5" Nexus Phablet. If there was 4.5" to 4.8" range, then i would be game but 5" is taking it too far for me.
    Hopefully, some more variations do come out.

BUT....i would still like to demo it myself.
    :p
  5. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

What about the 5.5" Note 2? Haha

5" sounds like the perfect size.
  6. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Lol idk. These phones keep getting bigger and bigger. But I'll still demo it and see wassup especially with the possibility of being a Nexus.
  7. npro1464

npro1464 Member

A little bit of a rant: Maybe it won't be so bad bc this phone will have the on screen ics buttons and not capacitive buttons, so maybe the phones actual size will be comparable to the gs3. Still, I can't help but look at my OG Droid and think "this was it," in terms on screen sizes. 4 inches (proportionately sized, unlike that abomination called the iPhone 5) is the absolute sweet spot. Now when they release smaller screen phones, they're all "starter" smart phones with lesser specs. Heck, the Razr M is considered an entry level phone and it has a 4.3 inch screen!

I still think this phone will be Sensed up and will be called the Inc x/3. If HTC does put this out, I think the rumor of a family of Nexus phones being put out will be much more likely. It will be interesting to see how Google would handle support with multiple Nexus phones.
  8. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

What sells the Note (2) for me is that S-Pen stylus. Especially with the improvements built into the Note 2's UI such as hovering over website menus to get to the submenus (which can't be done on normal touchscreens) is full of win.

I think more and more phones and tablets will be going to this type of system and/or having the capacitive screen recognizing finger hovering.
  9. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

I agree.
    I personally dont like stylus pens but this particualr one and its smart functions are off the hook. I really dig the fact in some cases you dont even have to touch the screen.
  10. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

It seems like that was what the Sony Sola was going for but I don't know that they ever built up its functionality to that level
  11. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Not sure about 5" but otherwise hell yeah.
  12. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

5" might not be too bad if the bezel isn't ridiculous.