Rubix vs Apex

SoundQcar

Reaction score
OK, since nobody replied a few pages back. In root explorer, how do you set the permissions to 644, I bring up permissions and get 3 rows of 3 options? This is so I can put LP+ into system apps. Thanks

I'm not sure anyone ended up solving your issue, so I'll go ahead and do so:

4 = r(ead)
2 = w(rite)
1 = (e)x(ecutable

3 sets of permissions (rows)

user - r + w = 6
group - r = 4
other - r = 4

Dustin.

Reaction score
For those of you who really enjoy these ROMs, I would check out GummyJAR.

It's faster than Apex, Rubix, and runs a hell of a lot smoother. Plus the battery life is just astonishing.

Not bashing Fab or Drod, but JAR has got to be the fastest, smoothest, most battery efficient ROM available for the DX right now. Now keep in mind I'm not saying that because this is the only ROM I've ever tried.. I've tried EVERY ROM out for the DX, and I must say, its the most stable, looks good stock, and has some Gingerbread mixed in with it.

(Went from 7:00AM, all the way up to 11:00PM listening to music, Facebooking, YouTube, Browsing, watching videos, taking pictures AND texting out the wazoo and it finally hit thirty percent.)

And I have a STANDARD battery, not the extended life one, if you ask me, that's pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, he's a new dev but he's got some mad skills, and a lot of creativity. Give this ROM a shot and see how it goes, I would put money that you would love it if your satisfied with Apex or rubiX.

Panzerpanduh

Reaction score
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/01cpuod
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/02vm
# busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

You only need to run it once. Drod mentioned this at XDA but may not have here. It will increase performance and battery life!

can someone explain this please :) and also how to add it

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/01cpuod
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/02vm
# busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

You only need to run it once. Drod mentioned this at XDA but may not have here. It will increase performance and battery life!

can someone explain this please :) and also how to add it

It's not needed anymore. rubiX automatically does it

tx3kgtman

Reaction score
For those of you who really enjoy these ROMs, I would check out GummyJAR.

It's faster than Apex, Rubix, and runs a hell of a lot smoother. Plus the battery life is just astonishing.

Not bashing Fab or Drod, but JAR has got to be the fastest, smoothest, most battery efficient ROM available for the DX right now. Now keep in mind I'm not saying that because this is the only ROM I've ever tried.. I've tried EVERY ROM out for the DX, and I must say, its the most stable, looks good stock, and has some Gingerbread mixed in with it.

(Went from 7:00AM, all the way up to 11:00PM listening to music, Facebooking, YouTube, Browsing, watching videos, taking pictures AND texting out the wazoo and it finally hit thirty percent.)

And I have a STANDARD battery, not the extended life one, if you ask me, that's pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, he's a new dev but he's got some mad skills, and a lot of creativity. Give this ROM a shot and see how it goes, I would put money that you would love it if your satisfied with Apex or rubiX.

I second this. Blazing fast rom. No fc's on anything. Battery is the best I've seen it. Best rom out imo atm.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I may try this out but it will have to be pretty damn impressive to beat Apex or Rubix. Darkslide is another great ROM once you get rid of the goddam logo over the keyboard.

snoop5

Reaction score
I may try this out but it will have to be pretty damn impressive to beat Apex or Rubix. Darkslide is another great ROM once you get rid of the goddam logo over the keyboard.

even with the logo on the keyboard its still the best overall rom IMO, Gummy is coming in a close second, i will admit i didnt leave Gummy on a long time, Apex and Rubix are ok to many FCs but may just be my phone with their rom dancedroid

droidxchat

Reaction score
I dont see anything gummyjar has that rubix doesn't, why would it be faster?

And to the apex vs rubix debate. These roms are made for two different groups if you ask me. I love rubix but personally use apex because I like that its more customizable.

Focused is the most innovative when it comes to speed tweaks, possibly making it the fastest rom, and is designed to be completely blur free. These advantages come with the disadvantages that it is (currently) incompatible with some hardware features, like hdmi, fm radio, and 3g mobile hotspot.

Apex is made for those who want a more customizable rom. It maintains some blur, and while that is arguably a disadvantage, it comes with the advantage of 100% compatibility with all hardware. It is also extraordinarily fast.

tx3kgtman

Reaction score
I dont see anything gummyjar has that rubix doesn't, why would it be faster?

And to the apex vs rubix debate. These roms are made for two different groups if you ask me. I love rubix but personally use apex because I like that its more customizable.

Focused is the most innovative when it comes to speed tweaks, possibly making it the fastest rom, and is designed to be completely blur free. These advantages come with the disadvantages that it is (currently) incompatible with some hardware features, like hdmi, fm radio, and 3g mobile hotspot.

Apex is made for those who want a more customizable rom. It maintains some blur, and while that is arguably a disadvantage, it comes with the advantage of 100% compatibility with all hardware. It is also extraordinarily fast.

I don't develop the roms. I don't know why GummyJAR seems faster and smoother than rubiX. But I will say it is. I used rubiX on every update he had and loved it. He makes good roms. But GummyJAR just somehow does it for me. Plus its less blur. Settings is asop now with a working battery info that never fc's. Just try it?

droidxchat

Reaction score
I don't develop the roms. I don't know why GummyJAR seems faster and smoother than rubiX. But I will say it is. I used rubiX on every update he had and loved it. He makes good roms. But GummyJAR just somehow does it for me. Plus its less blur. Settings is asop now with a working battery info that never fc's. Just try it?

I'd try it but i'm loving Apex too much at the moment. Have you tried Darkslide? Would like to hear how you think that compares in speed to gummyjar.

tx3kgtman

Reaction score

I'd try it but i'm loving Apex too much at the moment. Have you tried Darkslide? Would like to hear how you think that compares in speed to gummyjar.

Yeh I tried darkslide yesterday and it was a very nice rom. Speed seems pretty close to each other although I still feel like gummyjar still feels smoother. Everything I do its just smooth as it can be. My main reason darkslide wasn't for me is just personal preference. I like a slick look that looks nice and professional. Darkslide had too many colors thrown around. Thats just my opinion on it. Im sure there are alot of people who like that.

Reaction score
Agreed on DarkSlide being a little too colorful for my tastes although the rom itself flies. Don't like those transitions as much as Apex tho. GummyJar doesn't have HDMI support AFAIK so that nuked it right there for me plus, again, I like the Apex transitions so much better than the GJ or DS ones.

Looking at all 3 of them side by side by side, I still prefer Apex mainly for the functionality, transitions, look and the terminal switching. Honestly there is little to no total speed/smoothness difference between any of these roms at least that I can see.

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I ran rubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.8.9 and 1.9.0. I really liked how fast the ROM was, but could not escape some minor battery life issues (even though the later versions did appear to alleviate it a bit).

I then updated to the latest OTA and decided, after some reading, that I would give Apex 1.3.1 a try.

I've had it for a week now, and must say that I do enjoy this ROM more than the rubiX. Over Christmas, I unplugged my phone on X-mas day around 1pm and forgot to plug it in the next day. At 10pm the following day, my battery life was at 50% with minimal to moderate use!!!! This ROM is fast, and Fab should receive a donation from me very soon!!!

Thanks Fab!