rubiX Focused on .340 OTA

Inkarnit

Reaction score
yeah, i'm glad i was able to take one for the team with that one :D
lol... Yep thats what im thinking... the only thing gained is madden... is it really worth it..............

i'm sure drod won't include it. although he does include NFS Shift in 1.90. Maybe games aren't considered blur? :D

Drod does NOT include NFS Shift in his ROM. NFS Shift is in your preinstall folder which carries over from one ROM to the next unless you physically go in there and delete things.

Reaction score
Drod does NOT include NFS Shift in his ROM. NFS Shift is in your preinstall folder which carries over from one ROM to the next unless you physically go in there and delete things.

sweet, thanks for the info

Inkarnit

Reaction score

No problem. If you're a serial flasher you'll notice the preinstall directory is chock full of crap that wastes space :)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Where would one find this preinstall directory? I haven't been able to, haven't looked that hard either though.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Where would one find this preinstall directory? I haven't been able to, haven't looked that hard either though.

It's right in the main directory... /preinstall... not /system/preinstall but just /preinstall

I am so putting TB in there!

Tuberculosis is a serious disease. Why would you want to preload that onto your phone? Also, I'm not sure how it affects a phone... it's more a biological disease...

Reaction score
Reaction score

No problem. If you're a serial flasher you'll notice the preinstall directory is chock full of crap that wastes space :)

That's a completely wicked tip. Thanks!

I put these in there.
TB
DX boot strapper
Z4root
Root explorer

Now I wanna flash just to watch them reinstall....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

teh_g

Reaction score

I put these in there.
TB
DX boot strapper
Z4root
Root explorer

I think that they need an md5 checksum made before they will install automagically.

sephtin

Reaction score

I put these in there.
TB
DX boot strapper
Z4root
Root explorer

I think that they need an md5 checksum made before they will install automagically.

Ya, the checksum has to be in the md5 dir for each app as well. There's a script for it on XDA..
Edit: looked it up, here:
[Tool] SaveMyApp - Preinstall Your Apps - xda-developers

nyhunter83

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been established. I've updated to 340 and installed leak version of rubix 1.9. after that the system info displays .15 ... is that suppose to happen ?

Marius1

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been established. I've updated to 340 and installed leak version of rubix 1.9. after that the system info displays .15 ... is that suppose to happen ?

Yes

Reaction score

yes, at the time that drod released 1.90 only .340 wasn't available.
since .320 wasn't official I believe he said he kept the version at 2.3.15 so that he could be sure the market still worked?
at least i thought I remembered seeing that.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Verizon just released the OTA upgrade again.

From androidcentral.com

"Funny story about this update, apparently. Motorola initially planned to push it out to a test group of 10,000 or so in the middle of the night Wednesday. Only, it forgot something: The Droid X has that built-in battery manager that by default shuts down the radios at night. And it's tough to update a phone that can't talk to the network. Just one of those things. We've got the full e-mail from Moto Matt after the break. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!"