rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

Gerginator

Reaction score
Really need your help guys. Hopefully someone is around the boards that can help asap.

My phone froze today, which it hasn't done in a long time, and I restarted the phone. But when I did, I get the triangle with the yellow exclamation point and there's nothing I can do to get around it. I tried booting into recovery and that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

rtyrty100

Reaction score
Guys help, I downloaded this ROM and followed all the steps correctly to downloading it and loading it, and when I hit reboot, the phone turned off, and is now stuck at the M logo when I turn it on. Ive tried tens of battery/sd card pulls, Ive tried this -

"Power OFF DEVICE...

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after rebot and will take a while but if no responce after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)"

I did make a backup with Koush's Bootstrap Recovery app, but of course that can't be accessed.

I just can't fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just saw a post about a last resort being to flash the 2.2 SBF. I'll try that when i get home.

basixs

Reaction score
Awesome, but missing...

Howdy,
Very nice update, running on it now. A couple of things seem to be missing:
can't remap (or even use) double click home
Can't disable sound on SD card insertion

There might be more, but that's all I have found. No double click home is a big pain for me, I used to have it mapped to google voice input which was very handy....

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The first one is something with adw (the launcher this uses by default). You'll have to install a different launcher to change that.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

basixs

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but that only affects the single click. Double click is under Applications on stock DXs.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes but because its not using the stock launcher it doesn't have the same options.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Trantzz

Reaction score
Apps won't install

Good afternoon everyone,

This was my very first ROM and so far I am very impressed with the speed and battery life. I am totally new to this and I have two questions:

I did a nandroid backup as well as a Titanium Pro backup.

Did a factory reset and flashed the newest rubiX zip

Rebooted

Everything booted fine. Set up gmail. Flashed the Ginger. Red. Theme (think it's called something like that)

Apps started to automatically download from market BUT, some apps won't
install. I tried to do a Titanium restore (app + data) and I still can't get certain apps to install ( angry birds, birds rio and and dolphin HD color theme). There may be more but these are the only ones I have noticed so far. Angry Birds SEASONS works fine......

Any idea what I did wrong?

droidxethan

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

This was my very first ROM and so far I am very impressed with the speed and battery life. I am totally new to this and I have two questions:

I did a nandroid backup as well as a Titanium Pro backup.

Did a factory reset and flashed the newest rubiX zip

Rebooted

Everything booted fine. Set up gmail. Flashed the Ginger. Red. Theme (think it's called something like that)

Apps started to automatically download from market BUT, some apps won't
install. I tried to do a Titanium restore (app + data) and I still can't get certain apps to install ( angry birds, birds rio and and dolphin HD color theme). There may be more but these are the only ones I have noticed so far. Angry Birds SEASONS works fine......

Any idea what I did wrong?

What do u mean? Are they not showing up in your market or what?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jugglervr

Reaction score
"Phone as Modem" on win7?

Hiya. Have been enjoying this rom QUITE a bit in the last few weeks.
However, I'm having a problem with the "Phone as Modem" option. I followed the instructions in the txt file, but am getting errors.

I'm on windows 7.
After I create my Dial Up Networking connection, I'm still offline. If I click "connect to a network" in the network and sharing center, I get a pop up with a red x next to my new connection. click it and i get the message "this connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem or network adapter".
In the network connections control panel, it's listed along with my network adapters, but it says "Unavailable - device missing"

are drivers required to get this to work?

870hans

Reaction score
I'm on liberty on my dx can I flash this rom over liberty?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm on liberty on my dx can I flash this rom over liberty?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

You'll have to wipe data and cache. Also, any bootup images that liberty enabled will persist. So if you don't like whatever you have set already (default is liberty logo), use the liberty toolbox to change it before you flash rubix.

If you're feeling lucky, you can try to flash without clearing data, but be prepared to boot into stock recovery and clear it when/if you hit a bootloop :)