rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

Reaction score
Not recomended read first part

I guess my real question would be, how does one update to 2.3.340 OTA? My Android version says 2.2.1 and my Kernel Version is 2.6.32.9.

The easiest way would be to grab this zip:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

flash it. it'll bring you up to stock .340. from there wipe and install rubix =)

Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks for your support.

Reaction score
I'm really diggin this ROM. Been using it for almost a week. Definitely one I'm gonna keep on file and go back to from time to time. I was curious about Rubix Blurrybread (I think that's what it was called) and what the differences are. Besides the obvious difference being its based on the motoblur UI as opposed to being AOSP based. What other differences are there and how's the stability and functionality?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lotus22

Reaction score
I'm really diggin this ROM. Been using it for almost a week. Definitely one I'm gonna keep on file and go back to from time to time. I was curious about Rubix Blurrybread (I think that's what it was called) and what the differences are. Besides the obvious difference being its based on the motoblur UI as opposed to being AOSP based. What other differences are there and how's the stability and functionality?

Stay on Focused for the time being. BlurryBread is just the GB leak with a lot of the bloat removed.

Reaction score
Oh I see, that's pretty cool. So the two new governors come built in to the ROM?

Sent from my Droid X, powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1, WORD!

mugsy77

Reaction score
Yeah. I believe there are 3; default being on-demand I think. I noticed interactive seems smoother then conservative and I believe drod says works best with QuickClock

Sent from my DROIDX

chefjellynow

Reaction score
M

ok, followed the instructions to the word literally. rebooted and got stuck at M removed battery, rebooted a few times same thing.
any advice?
i am doing a flash sbf now and gonna d/l again and give it a shot again

any help would be great

Reaction score
Did you make sure to wipe data and cache? And your baseband version before installing was at .340 correct? Cause that's a requirement. If you did all that then I'm not sure what the issue is. I've flashed Rubix twice on my Droid X without any problems.

Reaction score
Oh and once you sbf make a nandroid backup of your stock rom using ClockWorkMod, then you can just restore that instead of sbf'ing. Only time I sbf is if for some reason my nandroid backup wont restore, that way sbf is a truly last resort!

wooddale

Reaction score
ok, followed the instructions to the word literally. rebooted and got stuck at M removed battery, rebooted a few times same thing.
any advice?

any help would be great
Are you doing manual or rom manager

Reaction score
any advice?

any help would be great

He should do it manual, I never seem to have issues when flashing except when I've tried it thru CWM rom manager. Not saying it always caused an issue but the two times I've ever had issues was when I did it thru rom manager trying to install apex. So I always do everything manual, except nandrioid backups, rom manager always does that perfect for me. Just my opinion anyways.

wooddale

Reaction score
any advice?

any help would be great

He should do it manual, I never seem to have issues when flashing except when I've tried it thru CWM rom manager. Not saying it always caused an issue but the two times I've ever had issues was when I did it thru rom manager trying to install apex

Thats what I was gonna sugest