rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

gudziel1482

Reaction score
OK, here is a stupid question for you GURU's. How do I correctly run the Quickclock app? Just Calibrate and everything should stick automatically? Also, when calibrating, should all other services/apps be stopped prior to calibrating?

gudziel1482

Reaction score
Geez, right now I'm testing-165 VSEL at 300Mhz...... this is taking forever!!!!

ETA: -399VSEL at 300Mhz....... is this normal for it to take this long to calibrate?

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with it taking so long and at the end it would say error when attempting to configure cpu. I was told to go to settings-applications and find quickclock, then force stop and clear data. Then do a reboot. After that it never took more than 5 or so minutes to complete.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with it taking so long and at the end it would say error when attempting to configure cpu. I was told to go to settings-applications and find quickclock, then force stop and clear data. Then do a reboot. After that it never took more than 5 or so minutes to complete.

WOOHOO!!! THANK YOU! Got it to work. dancedroid

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Glad I could help after all the help I've gotten.

muddychief

Reaction score
Getting FC with Notification Ringtone Setting

is anyone else getting a FC when you try to change the stock ringtone or notification tone in 2.0.1?

Rick

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
is anyone else getting a FC when you try to change the stock ringtone or notification tone in 2.0.1?

Rick

I didnt ..... what did you use to change it? I did with zedge and music player (zedge for notification, music player for ring tone).

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Yeah I did. At first anyways. It was right after I flashed it and I rebooted and it worked fine.

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I've been running RubiX Focused 2.0.1 for a while now, but mentioned an issue with my phone becoming unresponsive / extremely laggy / turning off which ALWAYS resulted in a battery pull. It was mentioned that OC'ing the phone appeared to be the cause and to re-calibrate QuickClock.

So yesterday I had done the following:

-- Completely Wiped Phone
-- Formatted SD Card
-- Factory Reset/Data Clear/Cache Clear'd Phone
-- Installed Maderstock's Update Zip - Reboot
-- Re-Installed RubiX Focused 2.0.1 w/ NO THEME - Reboot
-- Calibrated Quickclock Overclock and Reboot
-- Installed SiriusXM App

Now SiriusXM is the ONLY app I have running right now. I also have Bluetooth/WIFI on but not connected to anything. I haven't even installed ADW EX yet. So everything RubiX is still running and in tact. My phone is literally unresponsive right now after running SiriusXM for ~2.5hrs, with nothing else running. When my phone went silent, I first I thought that it was a mere burp with the streaming and it would come back in a second or two, but it hadn't. So I went to my phone to turn on the screen, and it was very sluggish to respond. The notification bar creeped downward, and trying to go into my settings < applications < manage apps or running services was a no go. Now my phone is either off or just in limbo and not responding at all (black screen, hard buttons not lighting at touch).

So I think that it is safe to say that SiriusXM and this ROM are conflicting somehow? It seems that all the resources and/or memory get sucked into this app?

Can Drod2169 or another Dev help out with suggestions..... (Or ANYONE?)?

TYIA

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That sounds like its sirius causing the problem. I've left pandora streaming for 5 hrs at one time and didn't have any problems. From what I've heard that sirius app is leaky on resources which would make it do that.

I would suggest not calibrating quick clock until after you've gotten it worked out on the off chance it does have something conflicting.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

gudziel1482

Reaction score
That sounds like its sirius causing the problem. I've left pandora streaming for 5 hrs at one time and didn't have any problems. From what I've heard that sirius app is leaky on resources which would make it do that.

I would suggest not calibrating quick clock until after you've gotten it worked out on the off chance it does have something conflicting.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

thank you for your suggestion. So do you mean that I should go into Quickclock and turn off the settings? Would that put it back to RubiX' original, normal settings?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

thank you for your suggestion. So do you mean that I should go into Quickclock and turn off the settings? Would that put it back to RubiX' original, normal settings?

Correct..... I don't thonk its gonna be quickclock messing with it but its a good idea to test without it just to make sure.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

rcglider

Reaction score
I use AutoRun Manager and TB extensively to assure there no conflicts and minimal background activity. Preventing all the little "vampires" from sucking bandwidth and thus battery life is important. Personally I prefer doing it manually over installing more bloatware, but to each his own.

After installing Rubix this time around, I began experiencing laggy behavior and freeze ups with a few reboots. A bit of checking revealed there was likely a conflict between QuickClock and DX OC.

I used TB to freeze QC (both Rubix edition and Advanced) and set DX OC similar to what I used for Liberty 1.5 plus tweaking. I prefer DX OC because it has additional features and is highly customizable.

Rubix Quadrant results: 1539 (was 1250 before tweaking, knew something was wrong)
Liberty Quadrant results: 1500
Not bad for undervolting.

Similar but Rubix feels a bit snappier. I've yet to compare battery life. FWIW, it took some tinkering to get Liberty battery life acceptable, using 3500 Mugen..

CPU freq used (basically from QC) and other settings subject to change:
300-19
500-34
800-43
1000-53

Very stabile, runs cool and boots fast too.

BTW, Adj Brightness is a good app.

Now if only someone would offer a battery app to stop the annoying alerts that actually works.

C7mb

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my first ROM and I love it! However I do have a few problems, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

So first off, I backed up my contacts using lookout, mybackuppro, and the regular backup assistant. However when I try to restore them it only restores 36 contacts. Some of my old contacts were numbers on facebook added through Blur but I also added some manually yet there not in the backups. Is there anyway I can retrieve the contacts or sync the facebook ones back to my phone?

Second question: Is there anyway I can change where the email and talk launcher icons go? Because I dont use google talk and want the email button to go to my yahoo not gmail. Thanks!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For contacts, any that you got from facebook should resync if you log into facebook, go to settings then tell it to sync all. Any that you added manually should be sync'd with your gmail account unless you told it not to.

for the second, that would depends on what launcher your using. If using ADW then just long press the symbol and it will come up with a edit box then change from there.