rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

Reaction score
As for Data Throttling, My understanding of data throttling is that the carrier networt (VZW) will throttle down our download speeds once we hit a certain amount of data usage. So what this zip does is alter our services.jar to work around this. So once this zip is applied we will still download at regular speeds no matter how much data we use. Really there is not a necessity to remove this, I only do it cause I download a lot of stuff. Once again this is just my understanding so please correct me if im wrong. Hope it helps. The install is quite simple for this zip : reboot into clockwork/mount system/install zip/ choose zip/ find directory you placed zip/ install/ reboot/ enjoy. The initial reboot will take a few minutes longer than normal.
First off, this is an amazing rom so I want to thank Drod for the work he put into it. I noticed that when using a security lock pattern even if I purposely use the wrong one, I could still get into my phone. Based on a suggestion in this thread, I tried to wipe the cache for the Rubix parts and it didn't give me an option to wipe, just to uninstall it.

After reading about past versions of Rubix, I wanted to know if the Auto Brightness option in 2.0.1 had the same hack as older rom versions to reduce battery consumption when this is selected.

Lastly, one poster asked a really good question that no one addressed. I can't recall his username but he asked when and why someone would want to remove the throttling hack for this rom? On the first page it provided the link to remove it but there was no direction anywhere that I saw that we should definitely remove it. Thanks again.

To elaborate a bit on this.
Your speeds will only get throttled if you are on a tower that is congested. VZW reduces speeds when a tower hits a certain utilization level so data service isn't completely unavailable.

For some removing throttling doesn't do anything to their speeds because they aren't connected to a tower that is clogged up.

So it might help, might not, can't hurt.

I've heard some say that VZW is beginning to throttle at the tower so if that's the case then this fix wouldn't work. I'm not sure if that's got any validity though.

my two cents

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
As for Data Throttling, My understanding of data throttling is that the carrier networt (VZW) will throttle down our download speeds once we hit a certain amount of data usage. So what this zip does is alter our services.jar to work around this. So once this zip is applied we will still download at regular speeds no matter how much data we use. Really there is not a necessity to remove this, I only do it cause I download a lot of stuff. Once again this is just my understanding so please correct me if im wrong. Hope it helps. The install is quite simple for this zip : reboot into clockwork/mount system/install zip/ choose zip/ find directory you placed zip/ install/ reboot/ enjoy. The initial reboot will take a few minutes longer than normal.
First off, this is an amazing rom so I want to thank Drod for the work he put into it. I noticed that when using a security lock pattern even if I purposely use the wrong one, I could still get into my phone. Based on a suggestion in this thread, I tried to wipe the cache for the Rubix parts and it didn't give me an option to wipe, just to uninstall it.

After reading about past versions of Rubix, I wanted to know if the Auto Brightness option in 2.0.1 had the same hack as older rom versions to reduce battery consumption when this is selected.

Lastly, one poster asked a really good question that no one addressed. I can't recall his username but he asked when and why someone would want to remove the throttling hack for this rom? On the first page it provided the link to remove it but there was no direction anywhere that I saw that we should definitely remove it. Thanks again.

To elaborate a bit on this.
Your speeds will only get throttled if you are on a tower that is congested. VZW reduces speeds when a tower hits a certain utilization level so data service isn't completely unavailable.

For some removing throttling doesn't do anything to their speeds because they aren't connected to a tower that is clogged up.

So it might help, might not, can't hurt.

I've heard some say that VZW is beginning to throttle at the tower so if that's the case then this fix wouldn't work. I'm not sure if that's got any validity though.

my two cents

Thank you both for this explanation on throttling.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I live ten minutes outside of DC in MD. There had been no perceived differences when I've removed throttling. But as stated, it hasn't hurt in anyway. Besides, lets say I go to an area with heavy tower traffic...I'll already be unthrottled. So I remove it anyways.

DX on rubiX Focused 2.0.1 via DF app

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I've heard this before.. I'll see if I can find the culprit.

Not sure if it would help, but if you can get an adb logcat when it happens, and PM it to me, that might help pinpoint it.

Great thanks!

I tried to grab the logcat for you, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

I tried the top to apps I could find for this, but neither of them worked: adb logcat - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

I know this is amateur stuff, but I'm not a dev, just a happy user.

If you can tell me what to do I will.

Thanks again

just plug your phone in to your pc (assuming you have adb installed)
open command prompt
cd (navigate) to the folder where the sdk/platform-tools is (for me, its c:\sdk\platform-tools)
type: adb logcat > log.txt

it'll save a file called log.txt to your platform-tools folder. pm it to me :)

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've heard this before.. I'll see if I can find the culprit.

Not sure if it would help, but if you can get an adb logcat when it happens, and PM it to me, that might help pinpoint it.

Great thanks!

I tried to grab the logcat for you, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

I tried the top to apps I could find for this, but neither of them worked: adb logcat - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

I know this is amateur stuff, but I'm not a dev, just a happy user.

If you can tell me what to do I will.

Thanks again

just plug your phone in to your pc (assuming you have adb installed)
open command prompt
cd (navigate) to the folder where the sdk/platform-tools is (for me, its c:\sdk\platform-tools)
type: adb logcat > log.txt

it'll save a file called log.txt to your platform-tools folder. pm it to me :)

Won't you have to stop the the /dev/log/main folder from being removed by the 03pfm script in /system/etc/init.d first?

then reboot...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice job on this drod. Took me a few to get around to it. So far, very stable and quick.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bozchevelle

Reaction score
is anyone having trouble with app's that lock them on this Rom? I have never had an issue with any lock app program until 2.0.1. When I go into the program to choose which app I want to password protect it let's me do all of that,But when I go to open the app that has been password protect it does not work, The app just opens up. I have tried different app's to lock my programs but they are not working anymore.

Please help me on this if any has seen this or are having this same issue.

Thank you very much for your help!! :):)

Mick11

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the color of the text that usually says verizon wireless in the notification bar?

jeff0r3

Reaction score
I just installed Rubix, watching TV and wasn't paying attention. I forgot to wipe data. What exactly do I need to do to get out of the RUBIX Boot?

nm got it :)

wooddale

Reaction score
I just installed Rubix, watching TV and wasn't paying attention. I forgot to wipe data. What exactly do I need to do to get out of the RUBIX Boot?

nm got it :)
Try a battery pull first off that might get you into recovery thats where you need to go if you get into rom bootstrap the wipe like usual

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone have hardkey issues? Mine work about 80% of the time. I sometimes have to hit my option and back key 4-5 times to get them to go. Can't do without those. This ROM blazes, but that is one thing I've noticed. I've just never had a ROM effect the physical keys before. I have seen people say something about home or search key with other ROMs. But mine are the back key and option key. I don't overclock/underclock or use low voltage.

mikey4226

Reaction score

So this is a brain fart question, but does the .zip posted in in the OP remove throttling or remove the throttling hack in the ROM?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score

So this is a brain fart question, but does the .zip posted in in the OP remove throttling or remove the throttling hack in the ROM?

It removes the throttling hack within the rom.

Reaction score
Anyone have hardkey issues? Mine work about 80% of the time. I sometimes have to hit my option and back key 4-5 times to get them to go. Can't do without those. This ROM blazes, but that is one thing I've noticed. I've just never had a ROM effect the physical keys before. I have seen people say something about home or search key with other ROMs. But mine are the back key and option key. I don't overclock/underclock or use low voltage.

In ever case I have had issues with the phone not responding it usually had something to do with overclocking too high.

On rare occasions I've had the buttons not respond when the phone is doing something intensive or chugging for some reason. I usually just battery pull.

So in your case the back and option keys won't respond but the search and home will?

mikey4226

Reaction score

It removes the throttling hack within the rom.

Thanks for clearing that up!