Rubix Focused 1.9 / Transition Patch / BB Mod

marcfogel

Reaction score
I am currently running Rubix Focused 1.9 w / Sephtin's Black Bar Mod.

I read if I install the Transition patch I will lose the Black Bar Mod.

Can I reinstall the Black Bar Mod after without any issues or I will lose the transitions.

Thanks

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Can I reinstall the Black Bar Mod after without any issues or I will lose the transitions.

Thanks

I don't believe seph put out a BBM that supports the new patch yet. Any theme (not just BBM) will lose the transitions if it is installed (unless stated otherwise). The transition is basically a few lines of code built into the theme's framework, what the patch does is modify the framework to enable it, however; when it does that, it over writes the custom theme... its a 2 way street, when you install a theme, it overwrites the transitions.

Short answer, you cant have both, not yet anyways. I'm sure Seph is working on an update for it, same with myself.

For now, pick what you like more, a theme or some fancy window transitions on the stock look. Your choice!

sephtin

Reaction score

Thanks

I don't believe seph put out a BBM that supports the new patch yet. Any theme (not just BBM) will lose the transitions if it is installed (unless stated otherwise). The transition is basically a few lines of code built into the theme's framework, what the patch does is modify the framework to enable it, however; when it does that, it over writes the custom theme... its a 2 way street, when you install a theme, it overwrites the transitions.

Short answer, you cant have both, not yet anyways. I'm sure Seph is working on an update for it, same with myself.

For now, pick what you like more, a theme or some fancy window transitions on the stock look. Your choice!

5.2 is up... But it's essentially a copy of 4.1.

Difference in framework-res.apk from 1.8.6 to 1.8.9 to 1.9.0:
1.6.0- First framework-res.apk from the framework also used in 1.8.x/1.9.x
1.8.6- moved text off center (clock, date, verizon wireless (or modified text) on lock screen (for vanilla look and feel)
1.8.9- Added transitions
1.9.0- EXACT framework-res.apk from 1.8.6 (only difference is /res/layout/banner from 1.8.6 was removed... identification file for drod, to help determine if his work had been kang'd...)

I haven't done a file compare on 1.8.9 with the 1.9.0 transition patch.. but if I was a betting man, I'd put odds that it's just 1.8.9 framework-res.

tldr;
So, if you want transitions, grab my 1.8.9 barmod. If you don't, grab my 1.9.0 barmod. :)

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Thanks

1.8.6- moved text off center (clock, date, verizon wireless (or modified text) on lock screen (for vanilla look and feel)
1.8.9- Added transitions
1.9.0- EXACT framework-res.apk from 1.8.6 (only difference is /res/layout/banner from 1.8.6 was removed... identification file for drod, to help determine if his work had been kang'd...)

I haven't done a file compare on 1.8.9 with the 1.9.0 transition patch.. but if I was a betting man, I'd put odds that it's just 1.8.9 framework-res.

tldr;
So, if you want transitions, grab my 1.8.9 barmod. If you don't, grab my 1.9.0 barmod. :)

:icon_ banana:

sephtin

Reaction score

1.8.9- Added transitions

tldr;

:icon_ banana:

I should mention.. other than apps and (?? Juice could tell you for sure...), the same should apply to the other themes as well. Some pretty cool stuff out there. I like to keep it simple, but honestly, if I hadn't made my own bar, I would be on juice's theme... :)

Choice is awesome.

OP
M

marcfogel

Reaction score
What is the difference between 4.1 & 5.2? Is the differences on your site?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

marcfogel

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant 5.1 & 4.1

sephtin

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant 5.1 & 4.1

5.1 is the 1.9.0 framework, with my modifications. After comparing, it ends up basically being the same as 3.1, but with fixed battery icons, and it's zipaligned (I don't believe I zipaligned 3.x. :( Ahh, the things we've learned along the way! ;)

4.1 is the 1.8.9 framework (included transitions) with my modifications. Should be exactly the same as the 1.9.0 transition patch, with my modifications.
Also re-made this for 5.x as 5.2

OP
M

marcfogel

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant 5.1 & 4.1

5.1 is the 1.9.0 framework, with my modifications. After comparing, it ends up basically being the same as 3.1, but with fixed battery icons, and it's zipaligned (I don't believe I zipaligned 3.x. :( Ahh, the things we've learned along the way! ;)

4.1 is the 1.8.9 framework (included transitions) with my modifications. Should be exactly the same as the 1.9.0 transition patch, with my modifications.
Also re-made this for 5.x as 5.2

Excellent! Thank you