rubiX Focused 1.9.7, back and better than ever

detox

Reaction score
I have rubix running now on my d2 I just need the 2.3.3.4 update

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Wow that's news to me but the links posted are for the X. If you are going to try them hold only yourself responsible if something happens. Not trying to be rude I just don't want to see you with an expensive paperweight.

Edit: where have I been? Rubix is on the d2 but I don't see a link posted on the d2 forum for 1.9.7. Doesn't look as if it is functioning correctly. Sorry but still don't use the dx update files for your d2

sent from my X

Reaction score
Its ok not taken wrong :) the only thing that doesn't work is the camera then there is a flash for that to take it from an x file to a D2 file but then you loose quickclock. Do you have the link for the 2.3.3.4. Update though please?

detox

Reaction score
Its ok not taken wrong :) the only thing that doesn't work is the camera then there is a flash for that to take it from an x file to a D2 file but then you loose quickclock. Do you have the link for the 2.3.3.4. Update though please?

Im not sure what the d2 is currently running. If im not mistaken it is 2.3.320. Don't know of there is an upgrade for 2.3.340 for that device

Edit: 2.3.2 for d2 from what im seeing is the latest ota. Please someone correct me if im wrong

sent from my X

BroForce

Reaction score
i am currently running liberty 1.5. do i need to go back to my stock 2.2.1 setup in order to run this rom?

detox

Reaction score
Ok... which ever is current... could I have the link for it please? Ill take the one for the 2.3.2 and be happy.

That I don't have at the moment and im getting ready to leave for the gym. Pop your head in the d2 forums and im sure there is something in there that can help youout

sent from my X

sk8

Reaction score
Thanks drod, rubix 197 is great. Fast and smooth. Flash was a breeze,first time for me. Themes installed easily.
Everyone check out rubix 1.9.7.
I've searched high and low for an explanation of what quick clock does and how it works in regards to this rom. I understand the concept but need an explanation of the ui . What settings are what? I've used the auto calibrate and left it at that but I would like to know what the min and max settings do.
Also since this rom or the auto calibrate my battery life seems to be less. Either that or me jacking with the phone more

otaku91

Reaction score
I installed Rubix through the download in ROM Manager. When I looked at the download menu again, I see that it's listed as 1.9.5. How do I check which version I have installed?

If it's 1.9.5, to install 1.9.7, I install stock via maderstcok, then install 1.9.7, correct?

Thanks in advance.

sk8

Reaction score
I installed Rubix through the download in ROM Manager. When I looked at the download menu again, I see that it's listed as 1.9.5. How do I check which version I have installed?

If it's 1.9.5, to install 1.9.7, I install stock via maderstcok, then install 1.9.7, correct?

Thanks in advance.

If you're coming from rubix 1.9.5 download 1.9.7 and flash make sure to wipe data and cache and your set. I flashed 197 over 195 with no problems, just make sure wipe data and cache.
I've found rom manager is useful for flashing new roms, the free version is outdated.

Rubix 1.9.5 boot screen says "android "
Rubix 1.9.7 boot screen says " rubix " with a rubix cube logo

otaku91

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the full version of ROM Manager. It must list the version incorrectly. I have the rubix cube logo at boot.

sephtin

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

If you're coming from rubix 1.9.5 download 1.9.7 and flash make sure to wipe data and cache and your set. I flashed 197 over 195 with no problems, just make sure wipe data and cache.
I've found rom manager is useful for flashing new roms, the free version is outdated.

Rubix 1.9.5 boot screen says "android "
Rubix 1.9.7 boot screen says " rubix " with a rubix cube logo

I haven't included the latest version of 1.9.7 in ROM Manager. If you want 1.9.7, load via the instructions in the first post.

otaku91

Reaction score
Is it possible to re-install the blur file manager? If not, can someone recommend a good file manager that can access SMB shares? I don't mind a paid app if it works well.

sk8

Reaction score
I don't think you can add the blur file manager. In other posts they talk about the interaction of blur app. You don't get to pick and choose what blur apps are installed. The interaction between them leaves you with either going with a blur or blurless rom. Blurless roms have the bare minimum blur so that the bootloader will recognize the rom and boot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sk8

Reaction score
You might try astro, seems some people have issues but it may work. Download the astro file manager then download the smb module .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

otaku91

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I have installed 1.9.7 and I am impressed. Nice Work.

I have a few quick questions. Are there some instructions on opening the terminal that someone can refer me to so I can run the scripts?

Also, when I open from the home screen, Wallpaper, Wallpapers, nothing is listed, just empty boxes. Is that normal or did I accidentally delete something?

I will try Astro File Manager. I tried it with 1.9.5 and I couldn't get SMB to work. I will try again with 1.9.7.

Thanks.