rubiX Focused 1.9.5

vertwow

Reaction score
None of these options are there, I have looked through many times, can't even do the contacts button :(

As for the swipe it does not work. It only lets me swipe up/down without the notification bar there to bring the bar down so I can see it. Once it is on the screen, the swiping method does not work unless my finger is on the small bar at the bottom.

The ADW Launcher that acme with rubix, is that a costume one or can I just download it from the market?

Thanks.

sephtin

Reaction score
None of these options are there, I have looked through many times, can't even do the contacts button :(

As for the swipe it does not work. It only lets me swipe up/down without the notification bar there to bring the bar down so I can see it. Once it is on the screen, the swiping method does not work unless my finger is on the small bar at the bottom.

The ADW Launcher that acme with rubix, is that a costume one or can I just download it from the market?

Thanks.

Contacts have NOTHING to do with ADW. Contacts are an app in app drawer.

So, for contacts:
long press on home screen, and create a shortcut, select applications, and choose contacts. drag it to the launcher bar. Open it, and select favorites, then close it.. it should open favorites from then on.

For ADW stuff.
I don't have ADW EX. ADW.Launcher is the non-pay for launcher.. and sure you can get it.. but EX is the EXACT same thing, only with some additional stuff.

Once you get those settings correct, it should work just fine. If it doesn't, either you don't have the settings correct, or you need to contact the developer to figure out what's wrong. (BTW, this has nothing to do with the ROM, it's not a Focused issue.. therefore I highly suggest creating a thread in the appropriate place where the right people that use ADW EX can get you pointed in the right direction.... ?).

ADW.Launcher EX info is here:
ADWLauncherEX | ADW Things

HTH!

vertwow

Reaction score
Ok got contacts to work, was doing "Contact" instead, which was just adding one contact onto the screen.

I will try that link for ADW, thank you.

Note: the swipe doesn't work using the regular ADW Launcher that I reinstalled from the rubix folder. I don't think you can do it without using the small bottom bar to remove the notification bar.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok got contacts to work, was doing "Contact" instead, which was just adding one contact onto the screen.

I will try that link for ADW, thank you.

Note: the swipe doesn't work using the regular ADW Launcher that I reinstalled from the rubix folder. I don't think you can do it without using the small bottom bar to remove the notification bar.

Thanks again.

Ahh, hadn't thought of that.. the notification drop down covers the launcher, so it's very possible that since the screen is covered, that it wouldn't work... Good to know!

whatsinaname

Reaction score
I've been on Rubix 1.9.5 for a while now with great results. I just recently decided to try out the VPN service. When I try to connect w/any of the VPN connections I created (settings->Wireless & network settings->VPN Settings", I just returns immediately with with a generic error. In adp/logcat showing the android log, I see:

1279 2299 W ActivityManager: Unable to start service Intent { act=android.net.vpn.SERVICE }: not found
01-18 12:19:10.294 29879 29879 W VpnManager: failed to connect to VPN service

Is there any packages around which I could add this back in to the system and/or ROM? Thanks!!

Pretty sure Tun.ko isn't included with Focused by default, and it sounds like there are some framework components/permissions not included. So I'm guessing this isn't as easy as installing a package.

Uggg :( I just tried vpn and same thing. I could live without hdmi, but vpn is important for getting on network and remoting into servers. May have to see what 1.9.7 has to offer. :)

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I've been on Rubix 1.9.5 for a while now with great results. I just recently decided to try out the VPN service. When I try to connect w/any of the VPN connections I created (settings->Wireless & network settings->VPN Settings", I just returns immediately with with a generic error. In adp/logcat showing the android log, I see:

1279 2299 W ActivityManager: Unable to start service Intent { act=android.net.vpn.SERVICE }: not found

Is there any packages around which I could add this back in to the system and/or ROM? Thanks!!

Pretty sure Tun.ko isn't included with Focused by default, and it sounds like there are some framework components/permissions not included. So I'm guessing this isn't as easy as installing a package.

Uggg :( I just tried vpn and same thing. I could live without hdmi, but vpn is important for getting on network and remoting into servers. May have to see what 1.9.7 has to offer. :)

I'll include tun.ko in 1.9.7 if someone sends me a link :)

Didn't know that VPN's were affected that badly. Never used it before.

sephtin

Reaction score

1.9.7 is based on a newer version of the same framework. I can tell you it also does not include the kernel module for it, nor the other framework stuff required for VPN. Pretty sure previous versions of Focused didn't have these either, nor most other non-blur based ROMs...

Edit: Just checked, and I don't think that this has worked on Focused since at least the 1.6 version or so...

Last edited:

c1pher

Reaction score

I'll include tun.ko in 1.9.7 if someone sends me a link :)

Didn't know that VPN's were affected that badly. Never used it before.

I have it if you'd like it. Just tell me how you'd like me to get it to you.

Note: I use it every day with the openvpn binaries. It works great =)

salem667

Reaction score
Never used vpn either... No use for it for myself, I really like rubix... Have had other roms... Im just glad the camera is better now... Thanks Drod... and thank you Stephtin... Im steadly picking up new tips and learning what to and what not to worry bout... Love the black swype keyboard... Excelent.... And no force closes while running low voltage 1.35 OC... Not to rush anyone, but any expected time for 1.9.7? Just need an excuse for my wife to get aggrevated at me...

Droid X

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Never used vpn either... No use for it for myself, I really like rubix... Have had other roms... Im just glad the camera is better now... Thanks Drod... and thank you Stephtin... Im steadly picking up new tips and learning what to and what not to worry bout... Love the black swype keyboard... Excelent.... And no force closes while running low voltage 1.35 OC... Not to rush anyone, but any expected time for 1.9.7? Just need an excuse for my wife to get aggrevated at me...

Droid X

I was hoping to have it out already. I'm working tonight on fixing the scripts. Hopefully the goodies that I want to release it with will be done by this weekend. If not, I'll likely put them off till 2.0

salem667

Reaction score
Take ur time and do what u want... Its ur toy... All I got to say is thank you... I love playing with phones and what you do is what I want to learn for a hobby... This is my zen... This and driving fast, but my phone isnt as dangerous or illegal

Droid X

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Wow, can't wait. Will have to send a Beer your way. Drod2169 you rock. I have yet to have my mail fail me. With stock it was a crapshoot. thanks for doing what Motorola should be paying you to do. I live in an area that won't get 4g for about 2 years so my X and I are going to be good friends before I ever switch to a new phone, and you make it soooooo much nicer than stock. Thanks for all your hard work.

Reaction score
So I tried out Liberty 1.0 while I was waiting on 1.97, couldn't help myself, it was new and shinny and I'm weak...

Used it for about a day and while it's nice, rubiX is still the best, at least in my opinion.

drod, thanks again for the hard work, you always come through.
expect your beer money from me too, as always.

kriscad

Reaction score
So I tried out Liberty 1.0 while I was waiting on 1.97, couldn't help myself, it was new and shinny and I'm weak...

Used it for about a day and while it's nice, rubiX is still the best, at least in my opinion.

drod, thanks again for the hard work, you always come through.
expect your beer money from me too, as always.

yeah... I was thinking of making the switch just to see. lol