rubiX Focused 1.9.5

cpjr

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how I can make my phone vibrate when receiving texts? I made it so all sounds are off, and pretty much vibrations for every notification. But the only vibrates I'm getting are from the 'missed reminder' app.

It's an option in the SMS app under notification settings.

I still can't seem to find it.

In the SMS app goto Settings - Notification settings. Easy.

PS- Assuming your using the stock SMS app, you didn't say otherwise.

moccor

Reaction score
Is there any way to remove the camera app from this and use the default one that comes with Droid X? I can't seem to figure out how to take widescreen pics, and I tried all settings, so I dont think its possible.

sephtin

Reaction score
Is there any way to remove the camera app from this and use the default one that comes with Droid X? I can't seem to figure out how to take widescreen pics, and I tried all settings, so I dont think its possible.

AOSP camera does not have a widescreen mode.
You CAN install the blur camera... there's a patch on sephtin.com

Before I link it, know this:
The WideScreen option, is a 6mp pic., that is nothing more than a cropped 8mp image.

If you must have the 6mp wide screen verison, Here's the link to an unsupported blur camera patch:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip

hacku

Reaction score
Sephtin, do you know if this keyboard will work in this release?

http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPKeyboard.zip

I don't really like the GB keyboard.

I'd have to test.
Running a test version at the moment, so can't test on 1.9.5 :(

No worries. I already installed it and it seems to be working great! Man I like this way better than the GB keyboard.

One other thing not keyboard related.

Do you know why the SD Card Notification option disappeared from the sound menu? I hate hearing it every time I plug and unplug my phone to my computer, or every time I reboot the phone.

Thanks

sephtin

Reaction score
Sephtin, do you know if this keyboard will work in this release?

http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPKeyboard.zip

I don't really like the GB keyboard.

I'd have to test.

No worries. I already installed it and it seems to be working great! Man I like this way better than the GB keyboard.

Do you know why the SD Card Notification option disappeared from the sound menu? I hate hearing it every time I plug and unplug my phone to my computer, or every time I reboot the phone.

Thanks

Someone else mentioned this.. :(
I'd have to track down if this is something from settings.apk, or framework (or incompatibility)...
I'll pass it along to drod (and add to issues list, hopefully get that up in the next week or so..)

hacku

Reaction score
I'd have to test.

Thanks

Someone else mentioned this.. :(
I'd have to track down if this is something from settings.apk, or framework (or incompatibility)...
I'll pass it along to drod (and add to issues list, hopefully get that up in the next week or so..)

Thanks. It's not a HUGE deal, but more like an annoyance... :D

Inkarnit

Reaction score
My guess is they want to use the FM Radio program.
I must admit I would like it too. I like listening to local radio on my walk home from work.
So far that is the only thing I don't have on rubix focused.

The reason I went with focused is because it seems that blur messes up my push corporate mail. Does the blurry rubix have these issues with push mail? I don't mind the blur, just like my mail when it is supposed to be delivered :)

Have you tried the Tune In Radio app? It allows streaming of radio stations all over the country.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Did we get an answer of where the graffiti rubix cube wallpaper was to switch back to?

I'm sure that, by now, you've already gone to septhin.com to get this wallpaper, but it can also be found within the framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg

Dodongo X

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving 1.9.5 (especially the smooth animations), but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the notification LED color for the messaging application like there was in 1.9. Has this option been removed or am I just missing something?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving 1.9.5 (especially the smooth animations), but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the notification LED color for the messaging application like there was in 1.9. Has this option been removed or am I just missing something?

If you use Handcent SMS, you'll be able to fully customize your notifications, including LED color and notification icon per contact.

Dodongo X

Reaction score
If you use Handcent SMS, you'll be able to fully customize your notifications, including LED color and notification icon per contact.
So the option to do it in the stock messaging application is gone now? I'd rather be stuck with a green LED than use Handcent.

moccor

Reaction score

AOSP camera does not have a widescreen mode.
You CAN install the blur camera... there's a patch on sephtin.com

Before I link it, know this:
The WideScreen option, is a 6mp pic., that is nothing more than a cropped 8mp image.

If you must have the 6mp wide screen verison, Here's the link to an unsupported blur camera patch:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip

Oh, never mind then. I just figured 'wide' was better quality then 8mp, but guess not according to the info you gave me. thanks