rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

sephtin

Reaction score
I hate the Gallery for this rom, Can we somehow replace it w/blur gallery? I like the one in Apex and rummyx

Unfortunately, haven't found a gallery that works on the existing framework for 1.8.x/1.9.x. If anyone finds one, would love to hear of it.

I use 3dgallery from the market (well it WAS from the market, it's since been pulled, and appears to be unavailable. :S )

sephtin

Reaction score
Pandora starts but no audio.

Quadrant starts but on cpu test 11 it gives me an internal error during benchmark execution.

Camera starts, takes picture and hangs, doesn't save pic.

I using the non leak

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Did you wipe cache/data during install?

sephtin

Reaction score
Running the non-leak. Getting force closes when I try to change audio alerts/ringtones. Happening in settings as well as other apps. Anyone else have this?

Did you wipe data/cache when you installed?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Hi, Is anyone having quadrant and pandora issues? Thanks!

Edit: my camera doesn't take pictures either...gets hung up after taking it.

For those of you lucky enough to download the "fixed" version of the ROM in the first couple hours... stagefright was unintentionally left enabled by drod.

This patch will fix those issues:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused1.9.0-PATCH-DisableStagefright.zip

IF the camera is still having problems after this change, then try clearing data/cache for the camera:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage applications> all tab> camera
force stop, clear cache, clear data
Then see if it happens again.

If the camera is working correctly with saving and taking pics man then most likely it has it disabled? Sorry I downloaded about 2am EST from his Twitter and not sure which version I got. Was a little nervous after the first version I got that I had to SBF from lol.

bignadad

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed Non-Leak version last night and has been running great!

Battery has been greatly improved!

Great work with this ROM....

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Thank you sephtin & Inkarnit for your replies.
No, i was downloading the 1st one but deleted it right after Drod said to not load it. This is what is stated on my build.prop:

media.stagefright.enable-player=fulse (the other three meta, scan, http =true)

Side not for anyone else reading: I have noticed a much improved battery like. And for those that are concerned. I've also noticed much better Quad scores.

***Ok, I manually force stopped the Camera, relaunched it and the Video recorder works just fine.***

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I install that zip?

sephtin

Reaction score
Hi, Is anyone having quadrant and pandora issues? Thanks!

Edit: my camera doesn't take pictures either...gets hung up after taking it.

For those of you lucky enough to download the "fixed" version of the ROM in the first couple hours... stagefright was unintentionally left enabled by drod.

This patch will fix those issues:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused1.9.0-PATCH-DisableStagefright.zip

IF the camera is still having problems after this change, then try clearing data/cache for the camera:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage applications> all tab> camera
force stop, clear cache, clear data
Then see if it happens again.

If the camera is working correctly with saving and taking pics man then most likely it has it disabled? Sorry I downloaded about 2am EST from his Twitter and not sure which version I got. Was a little nervous after the first version I got that I had to SBF from lol.

If you look at /system/build.prop, and:
media.stagefright.enable-player= is true, then it's enabled. Use the patch I posted. (All the patch does, is replace the file with one that says false. :S pretty straight forward, and won't hurt anyone if they load it... *shrug*

detox

Reaction score
Love 1.9.0. Battery life is amazing. Everything seems to be working flawlessly. No fc's, no reboots(yet), and smooth as silk. Keep up the good work drod(even though I had to sbf yesterday. Lol)

sephtin

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I install that zip?

--Copy it to your SDCard
--reboot into recovery
--install .zip from SDCard
--choose .zip from SDCard
--select the .zip file
--select "yes" (you'll know which one)
--hit the back button on your phone
--Reboot

Should do it.

bozchevelle

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who can answer this, I installed 1.9 and was moving things around on my home creen, and move my spare icon down on top of my app drawer, and now can not find how to get to all of my app's ,

use to always have my app drawer down at the bottom so I could always open it to se all of my app's now I can;t find how to get that buttom back.

Please help me to get that drawer back so I can see my app's like it comes with this ROM 1.9

Thank you for your help on this. :):)

akiles

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there any advantages to clear the davlik cache? I'm asking because when I flashed 1.8.9 I tried and I received the following message:
E:Can’t mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
Dalvik Cache wiped

The phone had a full charge (100%) prior doing this. I had also clear the batt stats but I did not get a success msg. After wiping the batt stats, the phone went back to the prev menu.

Battery life was great on this rom: from 730am to 2am with 20% left. Running in batt saving mode, low brightness for the screen and minimal use. That was a record!!

I'm looking forward to give 1.9.0 a try, but want to make sure first the phone is clearing the stuff as it should.

BTW, I'm running the non-leaked version and the only mod I installed afterwards was Sephtin's bar.

Thank you Drod for the ROM. Thank you Seph, Inkarnit and et-al for the time dedicated to answer questions for us, lesser mortals (and all others -can't remember many names).

teh_g

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who can answer this, I installed 1.9 and was moving things around on my home creen, and move my spare icon down on top of my app drawer, and now can not find how to get to all of my app's ,

use to always have my app drawer down at the bottom so I could always open it to se all of my app's now I can;t find how to get that buttom back.

Please help me to get that drawer back so I can see my app's like it comes with this ROM 1.9

ADW does this, you can add apps to a drawer on your homescreen. If the bottom bar is not visible, drag your finger from just above the bottom of the screen to the bottom. Pretend you are swiping away the thing that is hiding your normal bottom bar.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

LOL, this has happened quite a few times with the update to adw launcher. They moved the trash bin to the top instead of the bottom.

You have to hold an empty spot on your home screen (to create a new shortcut). Create a custom shortcut that does the action of Open/Close drawer, then you can take that shortcut from the homescreen and drag it back over the middle icon.

Sorry if some details are off, my phone is backing up right now. That should give you a good idea though...

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that zip and instructions but still no camera, pandora and quadrant...any other suggestions?