rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

jdhas

Reaction score
Before i do the ota I have two questions. Will the sbf file put out by tbh work invade I brick down the road?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Most people seem to think so (did you read Sephtin's post two or three posts above?). But I, personally, plan to wait or solid confirmation from reliable sources before I go mucking about with anything more severe than rooting .340 and freezing some of the bloatware.

Will I be able to use rubix 1.9 (leaked) or is the ota and the leak different?

I suspect you could flash rubiX Focused (Leak) on .340 based on what people are saying, but if I were you I would wait for Drod2169 to say it works before risking anything (see my comment above about whether or not the .320 leak SBF is a reliable means of safety net on .340).

jdhas

Reaction score
I am wondering how I can make it to where I quit getting text messages on Handcent and the ROM text message app. I can't seem to find a setting to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

To quit getting text messages on Handcent, just uninstall Handcent.

To quit getting text messages in the Messaging app, you just need to stop getting text messages. All SMS apps access the same database of messages -- Messaging, Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and the rest all use the same core database of messages on your phone. The different apps just have different bells and whistles for how the messages are displayed, notifications, etc. I'm reasonably certain, however, that you must have a stock/ROM/AOSP Messaging app installed to get SMS messages at all, so I wouldn't recommend uninstalling Messaging....

joshhendry

Reaction score
I am wondering how I can make it to where I quit getting text messages on Handcent and the ROM text message app. I can't seem to find a setting to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

To quit getting text messages in the Messaging app, you just need to stop getting text messages. All SMS apps access the same database of messages -- Messaging, Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and the rest all use the same core database of messages on your phone. The different apps just have different bells and whistles for how the messages are displayed, notifications, etc. I'm reasonably certain, however, that you must have a stock/ROM/AOSP Messaging app installed to get SMS messages at all, so I wouldn't recommend uninstalling Messaging....

So you are saying there isn't any way to stop getting texts that I have to delete 2 times? I didn't have this problem without Rubix installed. I just received them on Handcent not the stock messaging app. I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to use the stock messaging app over the other options out there.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

So you are saying there isn't any way to stop getting texts that I have to delete 2 times? I didn't have this problem without Rubix installed. I just received them on Handcent not the stock messaging app. I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to use the stock messaging app over the other options out there.

This is a very simple solution. Open the stock messaging app, go to settings, uncheck auto-retrieve, uncheck notifications... You will now only receive messages in Handcent SMS.

joshhendry

Reaction score

This is a very simple solution. Open the stock messaging app, go to settings, uncheck auto-retrieve, uncheck notifications... You will now only receive messages in Handcent SMS.

Inkarnit, I appreciate your help. I didn't figure this was something that couldn't be fixed. I didn't have to do that when I installed Handcent before I installed Rubix. I know my info says I'm new at this but just new to the forum actually. I was really getting frustrated even having to ask such a simple question.

On another topic, Is there any way to get the original Social Networking Widget back?

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Inkarnit, I appreciate your help. I didn't figure this was something that couldn't be fixed. I didn't have to do that when I installed Handcent before I installed Rubix. I know my info says I'm new at this but just new to the forum actually. I was really getting frustrated even having to ask such a simple question.

On another topic, Is there any way to get the original Social Networking Widget back?

No problem. I'm not sure why you never had to do that before, because I definitely had to when I used Handcent stock... but it's possible you did it a while ago once and then forgot about it? Regardless, it doesn't matter. You've got it fixed now.

As for the Social Networking widget... there's not a way to get that back within RubiX Focused. The reason is because that was a blur feature, and RubiX removed all the blur/bloatware. There are many other solutions available, but they are through 3rd party apps. Honestly, that widget is a destroyer of battery though. If possible, I'd try to do without constantly updating widgets.

joshhendry

Reaction score

No problem. I'm not sure why you never had to do that before, because I definitely had to when I used Handcent stock... but it's possible you did it a while ago once and then forgot about it? Regardless, it doesn't matter. You've got it fixed now.

As for the Social Networking widget... there's not a way to get that back within RubiX Focused. The reason is because that was a blur feature, and RubiX removed all the blur/bloatware. There are many other solutions available, but they are through 3rd party apps. Honestly, that widget is a destroyer of battery though. If possible, I'd try to do without constantly updating widgets.

True I may have had to and have had to many beers and some sleep since then. Thanks for the info on the social media widget. I will just learn to make what I have work. Just hard to change what you are used to but I can always use more battery life. Again thanks for your help.

jdhas

Reaction score

Aha! I didn't realize you were receiving duplicate messages. Yes, Inkarnit's advice is sound.

However, to be honest, I do prefer the stock AOSP Messaging app for my SMS. I guess I prefer the clean lines and boxy, "Android-y" feel to the colorful, "iPhone-y", bubbly look of the 3rd party apps. ;)

joshhendry

Reaction score

Aha! I didn't realize you were receiving duplicate messages. Yes, Inkarnit's advice is sound.

However, to be honest, I do prefer the stock AOSP Messaging app for my SMS. I guess I prefer the clean lines and boxy, "Android-y" feel to the colorful, "iPhone-y", bubbly look of the 3rd party apps. ;)

There are so many options in Handcent for changing things is why I like it so much. I agree with you on the iPhone look. I don't ever want someone to think my phone has anything to do with an iPhone.

duuurp

Reaction score
Nevermind, I had a problem but I fixed it. Trying out the rom now. :)

Last edited:

detox

Reaction score

I suspect you could flash rubiX Focused (Leak) on .340 based on what people are saying, but if I were you I would wait for Drod2169 to say it works before risking anything (see my comment above about whether or not the .320 leak SBF is a reliable means of safety net on .340).[/QUOTE]

I just ran the system sbf for .340 and (of course made a nandroid) installed rubiX 1.9.0 and am running beautifully. I came from the leak from tbh and decided I was gonna give this a shot. I know a system sbf isn't much to rely on but I get balsy sometimes. Lol. So far no issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score

I suspect you could flash rubiX Focused (Leak) on .340 based on what people are saying, but if I were you I would wait for Drod2169 to say it works before risking anything (see my comment above about whether or not the .320 leak SBF is a reliable means of safety net on .340).

I just ran the system sbf for .340 and (of course made a nandroid) installed rubiX 1.9.0 and am running beautifully. I came from the leak from tbh and decided I was gonna give this a shot. I know a system sbf isn't much to rely on but I get balsy sometimes. Lol. So far no issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App[/QUOTE]

just did the same, seems fine.