rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Reaction score
This is just a guess now.

It is likely that the TranQ 3.5.1 was running nothing but there .320 leak and advertised it as .340 in anticipation that it would be the same thing. Otherwise I doubt that SBF would have worked. That is just a guess. But I have lost a lot of respect for TBH and this leak thing and all there vagueness. Just my opinion.

I like TBH, I think they do great stuff. I have no way of knowing if 3.5.1 was .320 or .340 so I'll just take their word that it was.

Either way, I like rubiX and that's more important than being on the latest OTA version anyway. My curiosity got the better of me and that's why I tried.

As long as the bootloader version between .320 and .340 is that same then an SBF would work, right? My bootloader is 30.04.

I'm still learning all this stuff so maybe i'm off-base.

We are way off topic anyway, my post was just to thank drod and company for their work and that I think they have the best rom out there.

jdhas

Reaction score
As long as the bootloader version between .320 and .340 is that same then an SBF would work, right? My bootloader is 30.04.

I would love to know the answer to this.

If you are on bootloader 30.04 you are on the TBH leak. Unless you updated last night then I'm not sure...as of yesterday that was a true answer.

Actually, no. That's not the question I asked, and it's not a correct answer in any way. I am on the 30.04 bootloader, as are many people, and I am not on the TBH/MDW leak, as are many people. More people than ever this morning, in fact.

sephtin

Reaction score
As long as the bootloader version between .320 and .340 is that same then an SBF would work, right?

Correct.

Which is why (I believe) that TBH is stating that Tranq 3.5.1 is .340... because it doesn't change bootloader (etc. etc.) from the .320 leak.. so they update build.prop, and perhaps any framework (etc.?) changes from the .340 build into their 3.5.1, and voila.

The good/best news of the whole leak situation.. is that we've got a way back (the .320 .sbf). I personally could care less about the leak, but that .320 .sbf is invaluable!

Droid74

Reaction score
I would love to know the answer to this.

If you are on bootloader 30.04 you are on the TBH leak. Unless you updated last night then I'm not sure...as of yesterday that was a true answer.

Actually, no. That's not the question I asked, and it's not a correct answer in any way. I am on the 30.04 bootloader, as are many people, and I am not on the TBH/MDW leak, as are many people. More people than ever this morning, in fact.

Actually it is a true answer as of yesterday as how I qualified it as I didnt do the update from last night and dont know what bootloader was loaded. Some phones did ship from what I understand with that bootloader but before yesterday most people got to that bootloader using the leak and as such should be able to use there SBF. So if that wasn't your question ask it better next time.

Reaction score
As long as the bootloader version between .320 and .340 is that same then an SBF would work, right?

Correct.

Which is why (I believe) that TBH is stating that Tranq 3.5.1 is .340... because it doesn't change bootloader (etc. etc.) from the .320 leak.. so they update build.prop, and perhaps any framework (etc.?) changes from the .340 build into their 3.5.1, and voila.

The good/best news of the whole leak situation.. is that we've got a way back (the .320 .sbf). I personally could care less about the leak, but that .320 .sbf is invaluable!

The only reason I would want a full sbf of .340 is just in case I need to return the phone for any reason. I'd love to be able to erase any trace of my rooting/custom romming/bricking and have the versions match stock OTA.

i'm sure it's just a matter of time before that's available right?

Reaction score
So new TRUE OTA updates bootloader to 30.04 as well? The full sbf may work but not to fix .34 the SBF was for. 32

That's what i'm assuming, we have a few DXs here that have taking the stock OTA update. when I get a chance i'll snag one and check the bootloader version.
I can't imagine it's not 30.04

sephtin

Reaction score

Actually it is a true answer as of yesterday as how I qualified it as I didnt do the update from last night and dont know what bootloader was loaded. Some phones did ship from what I understand with that bootloader but before yesterday most people got to that bootloader using the leak and as such should be able to use there SBF. So if that wasn't your question ask it better next time.

For clarification.. no, it's not true.

Replacement phones have recently been shipped with 30.04 bootloaders that WERE NOT on the .320 build.. and COULD use the 2.2 .sbf.

So, just checking the 30.04 bootloader version is NOT a safe way to tell if you're on the leak or not...

Just trying to clarify, and save a little confusion...

sephtin

Reaction score

Correct.

The only reason I would want a full sbf of .340 is just in case I need to return the phone for any reason. I'd love to be able to erase any trace of my rooting/custom romming/bricking and have the versions match stock OTA.

i'm sure it's just a matter of time before that's available right?

Maybe? :S It's possible that it may never leak out.
Those with "inside" connections, seem to be awfully strange, and secretive, about how the whole leaking process goes (better for donations maybe?)....

So, who knows. I know that TBH did mention something to the effect that it's not their normal policy to leak .sbf files.. and that it wouldn't likely happen again soon.. or something like that (read the leak thread on mydroidworld for exactly what they said.. so I'm not putting words in their mouth.. I try not to. *sigh* :S

I'm just glad we have a "save our butt" method to .sbf to. Truthfully.. if it's true that the .340 leak is only a few changes to /system from .320... the you could .sbf to .320, root, change the build.prop file to say .340, and unroot, and they'd never be able to tell the difference. :)
OR, take a nandroid after you OTA... restore to that, and unroot.. that should do the trick too...

coolj478

Reaction score
Before i do the ota I have two questions. Will the sbf file put out by tbh work invade I brick down the road? Will I be able to use rubix 1.9 (leaked) or is the ota and the leak different?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

joshhendry

Reaction score
Text Messages

I am wondering how I can make it to where I quit getting text messages on Handcent and the ROM text message app. I can't seem to find a setting to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.