rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by drod2169, Dec 3, 2010.

1. .paul

.paul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried all that. I ended up reloading a nandroid backup I have of my phone in it's original state. Wiped cache/data and reloaded Focused. I'm happy to report all is well. :shrug:

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. saulback

saulback New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Upgrading to leak

I am currently on Rubix 1.8.9 (NON-leak). I just got a hold of the sbf for the leak, so now I have the courage go to 2.2.320. What is my upgrade path? Do I have to sbf to upgrade?

3. digitalslacker

Ratings:
    +0
    I would hold off...with .340 coming out it's just a matter of time before someone (TBH) gives you an upgrade path to that instead.
    There is no benefit to upgrading to .320 at all at this point.
    I'm kicking myself because I did my upgrade yesterday....

the update process to .320 was just an update.zip, not sbf. It's good to have the sbf in case the update goes bad, that's your fix.

4. hub_cap

hub_cap New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not consider going with non leaked 1.9 or go with the .340 that's coming out tomorrow reportedly.

5. TheDon90

TheDon90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A little unclear but the none leak one can simply be flashed on to a rooted ota froyo phone

6. digitalslacker

Ratings:
    +0
    correct. Just flash, wipe data/cache and you are good to go.
    you'll need bootstrapper installed to get into recovery first though.

7. thatisandwas

thatisandwas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys....i never did any ota...i used the 2.1 sbf then downloaded a version of 2.2 on rom manager...i am using clockwork and boot strap and im rooted...why does it keep kicking this error out? rubix-1.9.0 (bad) during install....ugh? any ideas?

edit : looks like it might be a bad zip

#331 thatisandwas, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Marius1

Marius1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the .340 OTA update, is our current rooting method likely to work, or will we likely to wait a while for rooting?

9. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drod didn't write the email application that's in the ROM. It's part of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), here's the link to the source code for the email app:
    android.git.kernel.org Git - platform/packages/apps/Email.git/summary

Feel free to contact the developer of that applicaiton, or write a patch yourself though... *shrug* That's the power of open source.

Or, if you happen to know of another system email application (not a market app) that would work better in it's place, feel free to suggest it to drod.. I don't know of any others/better/otherwise...

Sorry for not having better news.. but as soon as the the app is updated, I'm sure it will be included in the ROM. Until then, 3rd party/market/whtaever apps are the only/best options out there!

10. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The update is a patch. It does not replace system files, it patches them. It will first check to verify that the files it's going to patch are there, and the versions it's expecting, and it will then attempt to apply the patch(es).

So, if you're rooted, or have the clockwork recovery hack in place (logwrapper isn't the right version) etc. etc. etc., the OTA will likely fail.
    If you go back to a backup, you will still likely need to make a few changes to make the OTA apply correctly... OR, you can .sbf, apply the OTA, and then reload whatever you want from there. (Also an option to just load TBH's leak 320 (and/or 340, IF they release something... ?)

There are optoins. As the leak approaches, there will be all kinds of threads about what needs to be done to prepare... keep your eyes open. And I highly recommend waiting at least a day or two to let people figure stuff out before rushing into it... but doubt many people will do that.. :S

11. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been handling ROM Manager for Drod. I dont' have premium.. so not easy for me to test versioning for the ota checker...

I haven't put the last few versions in for Drod, because ROM Manager has made it a NIGHTMARE to support. People don't read ANYTHING before installing via ROM Manager...
    Especially the nightmare that would be the case with the leak and non-leak versions....
    :S

12. Boblank

Boblank Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a questions and was hoping someone may have some advice....I am currently running focused 1.9 and have pretty much ever since .5, but never took the 2.2 OTA. 30.01 runs really great for me and i did not want to change that after reading about the issues that the 2.2 OTA created for some. The only known issue i have sticking with 30.01 is the battery force close. With the new verizon/moto OTA comming out soon would it be wise to flash back to 2.1 accept the 2.2 OTA before the new OTA comes out, or will it likely have a path from 2.1 to the new OTA?
    Thanks.

Search tags for this page

rubix 1.9.0

rubix focused 1.9

xxx 3ghotsot