rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

shadews

Reaction score
3G Out

Ok good. Im glad its not just me. Well supposedly they are rolling out 4G in the major metro areas this month so maybe they broke something....:(

brockeverly

Reaction score
Ok good. Im glad its not just me. Well supposedly they are rolling out 4G in the major metro areas this month so maybe they broke something....:(
Here in Phoenix we rolled it on Sunday. Bizarre thing is that my 4G LTE card is working just fine, but 3G is dead :iphone:

brockeverly

Reaction score
Good call! I actually work for Verizon, feel like a damn n00b for not checking my other phones. Every phone I have shows 3G coverage but none of them will load anything (Droid X, Droid, Vortex, Incredible) so, thankfully, its not the fault of the ROM.

Now to get this stupid thing to stop loading in bootstrap. I have tried everything I have read, keeps on doing it.

Uninstall it with Appmonster or something and then reinstall it and then when you run it you should have to reset its permissions

Seems it fixed itself. I went ahead and reinstalled the stock keyboard after the black juice theme and after I ran that .zip it stopped. Finally off to bed, I love and hate when new roms come out dancedroid

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
V
Hey guys,

I am pretty new at this. I rooted my phone and backed everything up. I rebooted in the recovery loader and created a backup. Then I wiped the cache and user data. Then I installed Rubix 1.9.0 and it came up and set up fine. I reprogrammed the phone and got it all working. The only issue that I am having is that the internet does not work on 3G almost all of the time. This was not an issue beforehand. The browser seems to work now. The market does not. Various apps that use the internet do not work.

I am on:

System 2.3.15.MB810

Android 2.2.1

Kernel 2.6.32.9

Build Rubix Focused 1.9.0

I am not sure what to do. When I connect to WiFi everything works fine of course :D......but that sucks because I want my mobile internet.

Thanks

Verizon's network is down. Nationwide. So, wifi is your only option for now. Don't worry, it's not just you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

money

Reaction score
Big Red Down

Same here, thought i messed something up with the 3G! :icon_eek:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
OTA is out. anybody try it?

I've read on here that using the OTA on just a rooted phone updates and removes root.

I don't think it would work on any custom rom though because of the removal of bloatware

sephtin

Reaction score
Weird question. Is there a file the one can delete to actually get rid of the 10% increment box over that battery icon?

It's part of each image, and those images reside within a framework file (framework-res.apk). No easy way to do it without some re-theming.

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
Weird question. Is there a file the one can delete to actually get rid of the 10% increment box over that battery icon?

It's part of each image, and those images reside within a framework file (framework-res.apk). No easy way to do it without some re-theming.
Hmmm. Thank you for the reply. I'll start messing around in there and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure I'm one in a hundred who don't want that on there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
tried Tranquility 3.5.1 last night just to run something with .340

came right back to rubiX. Well right back after an sbf or two cuz I have problems following the dev's instructions :D my fault not either rom's

Thanks drod and sephtin for everything you do!

Droid74

Reaction score
so after u tried TranQ 3.5.1 and SBF which version of Focused did u use...and if u ran TranQ on .340 which file did u use to SBF as the old one shouldn't have worked?

Reaction score
so after u tried TranQ 3.5.1 and SBF which version of Focused did u use...and if u ran TranQ on .340 which file did u use to SBF as the old one shouldn't have worked?

Here's what I did.
So I was on the leak, .320 and the corresponding rubiX 1.90v2

I installed tranq 3.51 which should have had the .340 update. At least that's what I read. Bear in mind I didn't read a damn thing about the recommended way to install. I just did it how I thought I should, probably where I went wrong. Any issues I had with TranQ were probably my fault.

So it worked for a bit, I didn't like the Rom really. Not a knock on TBH but it just wasn't for me.

Then I started getting random reboots while trying to install bootstrap etc to go back to rubix. screwed with it for a bit, got frustrated

sbfed back to the .320 leak...had all kinds of issues, wiped data/cache and sbfed again.

got a working blured up stock (leak) DX.

rooted, bootstrapped, recovery, restored from my latest rubix backup

So I figure I'm still on .320, right? Because I read everything for .340 is in /system and that should have been replaced when i sbfed and when i restored rubiX, right?

Phone is working perfectly now.

Droid74

Reaction score

Here's what I did.
So I was on the leak, .320 and the corresponding rubiX 1.90v2

I installed tranq 3.51 which should have had the .340 update. At least that's what I read. Bear in mind I didn't read a damn thing about the recommended way to install. I just did it how I thought I should, probably where I went wrong. Any issues I had with TranQ were probably my fault.

So it worked for a bit, I didn't like the Rom really. Not a knock on TBH but it just wasn't for me.

Then I started getting random reboots while trying to install bootstrap etc to go back to rubix. screwed with it for a bit, got frustrated

sbfed back to the .320 leak...had all kinds of issues, wiped data/cache and sbfed again.

got a working blured up stock (leak) DX.

rooted, bootstrapped, recovery, restored from my latest rubix backup

So I figure I'm still on .320, right? Because I read everything for .340 is in /system and that should have been replaced when i sbfed and when i restored rubiX, right?

Phone is working perfectly now.

This is just a guess now.

It is likely that the TranQ 3.5.1 was running nothing but there .320 leak and advertised it as .340 in anticipation that it would be the same thing. Otherwise I doubt that SBF would have worked. That is just a guess. But I have lost a lot of respect for TBH and this leak thing and all there vagueness. Just my opinion.