rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
As I learn more about the wonderful rom I have come up with one more question.

Is there any way to run backup assistant? And if so how? I have the backup asst.apk and the android-syncservices-app.apk.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score

Is there any way to run backup assistant? And if so how? I have the backup asst.apk and the android-syncservices-app.apk.

Save yourself the headaches, just migrate those contacts into google contacts, and never have to deal with them again.
Migrating contacts from "Phone" (BackUp Assistant), to Google Contacts

Thanks for the aspirin bro. I've done that already. Was just wondering what else I could ask to keep y'all busy ;-)

sephtin

Reaction score

Save yourself the headaches, just migrate those contacts into google contacts, and never have to deal with them again.
Migrating contacts from "Phone" (BackUp Assistant), to Google Contacts

Thanks for the aspirin bro. I've done that already. Was just wondering what else I could ask to keep y'all busy ;-)

All backup assistant is good for, is backing up the contacts that are "phone" category (not google contacts)... so ... :) not much point in getting it working.. hehe

brockeverly

Reaction score
I have lost 3G connection and seems to boot up every time in Bootstrapper since loading this rom. Skimmed through a couple hundred posts and didn't see anyone with the error. Outside of that, I like the feel of the ROM. Hopefully I can get it figured out before work tomorrow, gonna be a long night :(

Forgot, this was on the leak.

Last edited:

macnab

Reaction score
Thank goodness. I lost 3G data too, and I just ROM'ed and so I couldn't tell if it was me or not.

-Vapor-

Reaction score
Yeah I just updated to 1.9 as well so I was worried. I guess now we just wait for verizon to do their thing.

brockeverly

Reaction score
Good call! I actually work for Verizon, feel like a damn n00b for not checking my other phones. Every phone I have shows 3G coverage but none of them will load anything (Droid X, Droid, Vortex, Incredible) so, thankfully, its not the fault of the ROM.

Now to get this stupid thing to stop loading in bootstrap. I have tried everything I have read, keeps on doing it.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Good call! I actually work for Verizon, feel like a damn n00b for not checking my other phones. Every phone I have shows 3G coverage but none of them will load anything (Droid X, Droid, Vortex, Incredible) so, thankfully, its not the fault of the ROM.

Now to get this stupid thing to stop loading in bootstrap. I have tried everything I have read, keeps on doing it.

Uninstall it with Appmonster or something and then reinstall it and then when you run it you should have to reset its permissions

shadews

Reaction score
Rubix 1.9.0 Issues with 3G

Hey guys,

I am pretty new at this. I rooted my phone and backed everything up. I rebooted in the recovery loader and created a backup. Then I wiped the cache and user data. Then I installed Rubix 1.9.0 and it came up and set up fine. I reprogrammed the phone and got it all working. The only issue that I am having is that the internet does not work on 3G almost all of the time. This was not an issue beforehand. The browser seems to work now. The market does not. Various apps that use the internet do not work.

I am on:

System 2.3.15.MB810

Android 2.2.1

Kernel 2.6.32.9

Build Rubix Focused 1.9.0

I am not sure what to do. When I connect to WiFi everything works fine of course :D......but that sucks because I want my mobile internet.

Thanks

andylulzyou

Reaction score
You have to willingly accept the OTA right? I'm not going to wake up tomorrow to a brick because Verizon pushed an OTA to my rooted Apex and they didnt set well will i?