rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Reaction score
I am thinking about sbfing back to stock 2.3.15 and waiting for the .340 update to roll out. Who in here is doing that?

EDIT: Also, I back everything up using MyBackUp Pro. I was wondering after I wipe everything, what is the best way for me to restore? If I try to download MyBackUp Pro from the Market, it starts downloading all the other apps that I had installed before I wiped. Is canceling all the other downloads except MyBackUp Pro and restoring everything else the way to go?

As long as you didn't install the leak .320 then you should be able to do that.

I use AppBrain for app restore for the install and I use titanium for the app data of SOME of my apps (angry birds).

Nope not on the leak, so good there.

Why do you like AppBrain vs. Market for app restore? And why do you not restore data for all the apps? Do you uncheck Automatic Restore for the market, download AppBrain, and then do restore from there? Is it automatic?

appbrain seems to work better. every time i reinstall it seems like the market doesn't restore somthing.
appbrain is a good safety net too because I have had situations where nothing in the market is restored.

crabbypants

Reaction score
I hate the Gallery for this rom, Can we somehow replace it w/blur gallery? I like the one in Apex and rummyx

Unfortunately, haven't found a gallery that works on the existing framework for 1.8.x/1.9.x. If anyone finds one, would love to hear of it.

I use 3dgallery from the market (well it WAS from the market, it's since been pulled, and appears to be unavailable. :S )

I pulled this 2d gallery from a CM thread. Runs great after a few minutes of testing on Focused.

I've attached the apk. I had to change the extension to .zip to attach, just change it back to .apk and install it manually on your DX. This is NOT a update.zip to flash in recovery! The gallery seems to run fine in tandem with the 3DGallery, though the icons are identical, which is confusing. The only really odd thing is that the installer says "Camera" and shows a camera icon when you install the apk, but after install there is only a new gallery icon in the app drawer, not a new camera icon. 0_o

I imagine the weird installation can be avoided by just dropping the file in your data/app directory and setting permissions, or perhaps seph can create a handy-dandy update.zip file for flashing.

Also, the Bread & Butter Multi Touch Gallery works nicely on Focused.

I loathe the 3Dgallery intensely, so I am thrilled to have alternatives.

I installed the 2d gallery from this post, but when you hit the thumbnail in the camera app it uses the 3d gallery, and takes way too long to load.

Is there a way to have it call the 2d gallery for recent pic review?

djdlite512

Reaction score
Came back...! and liking it!

Well after running a SBF last night and re-installed Rubix 1.9 and after 8 hrs of using the phone quite a bit today, I'm at 60 percent. Pretty good, huh? Rubix is just so smoooootttthhhhh to manuever around with.

sephtin

Reaction score
I am thinking about sbfing back to stock 2.3.15 and waiting for the .340 update to roll out. Who in here is doing that?

EDIT: Also, I back everything up using MyBackUp Pro. I was wondering after I wipe everything, what is the best way for me to restore? If I try to download MyBackUp Pro from the Market, it starts downloading all the other apps that I had installed before I wiped. Is canceling all the other downloads except MyBackUp Pro and restoring everything else the way to go?

I wouldn't be in a hurry, could still be a month away, unless someone knows for sure... You can always .sbf when it's here. It's pretty quick, and I still recommend giving it a day or two to let everyone get things figured out on the new version...

MyBackup Pro is great. Should work fine. My question, is do you have a specific reason for not just letting the Market restore the apps, and then just restoring the data fro MyBackup? That should work fine. Appbrain is a great backup plan as previously stated.

sephtin

Reaction score
Trying to install Rubix 1.9, and the phone has been stuck on the Rubix screen for over an hour. Did i miss an obvious step? Is my phone dead? If not, how do i get it working again? Tried removing the battery, but when i powered it back on, went back to the Rubix screen. Please help.

Sorry for not commenting earlier. :(

It's usually something with /data or /cache.

--Battery pull.
--When you put the battery back in, hold the home button until you see the M logo
--It should boot to the android recovery (little droid with a ! in triangle). When you see that, hit the search button to get to the menu.
--From the menu, choose wipe cache, wipe data, then reboot.
Should reboot into Focused.

If it doesn't, then something didn't go well with the install (bad download or something).. and if another attempt at the same thing doesn't work, then you may be looking at .sbf'ing.

sephtin

Reaction score
Unfortunately, haven't found a gallery that works on the existing framework for 1.8.x/1.9.x. If anyone finds one, would love to hear of it.

I use 3dgallery from the market (well it WAS from the market, it's since been pulled, and appears to be unavailable. :S )

I pulled this 2d gallery from a CM thread. Runs great after a few minutes of testing on Focused.

I've attached the apk. I had to change the extension to .zip to attach, just change it back to .apk and install it manually on your DX. This is NOT a update.zip to flash in recovery! The gallery seems to run fine in tandem with the 3DGallery, though the icons are identical, which is confusing. The only really odd thing is that the installer says "Camera" and shows a camera icon when you install the apk, but after install there is only a new gallery icon in the app drawer, not a new camera icon. 0_o

I imagine the weird installation can be avoided by just dropping the file in your data/app directory and setting permissions, or perhaps seph can create a handy-dandy update.zip file for flashing.

Also, the Bread & Butter Multi Touch Gallery works nicely on Focused.

I loathe the 3Dgallery intensely, so I am thrilled to have alternatives.

I installed the 2d gallery from this post, but when you hit the thumbnail in the camera app it uses the 3d gallery, and takes way too long to load.

Is there a way to have it call the 2d gallery for recent pic review?

Reset defaults on the gallery..
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> Gallery>
Reset Defaults
(if it's greyed out, and won't let you press restore defaults from that gallery, try the other.. (sorry not specific, doing this from memory :S))

sephtin

Reaction score
Is anyone having usb issues with 1.9.0 leak?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Try clearing data/cache for USB app:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> USB 1.1 (pretty sure it's usb 1.1... ? again, from memory)
Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data.

HTH!
Reconnect, and see if that makes a difference.

Reaction score

Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> USB 1.1 (pretty sure it's usb 1.1... ? again, from memory)

HTH!

I can force stop but clear data and cache are grayed out. Good memory btw

sephtin

Reaction score

HTH!

make any difference when you reconnect?
Also, I figured it'd be the same from that menu, but what I previously read, was someone clearing the data through titanium.. wonder if that makes a difference (I wouldn't think so.. but.. ? never know. :S

Reaction score

HTH!

make any difference when you reconnect?
Also, I figured it'd be the same from that menu, but what I previously read, was someone clearing the data through titanium.. wonder if that makes a difference (I wouldn't think so.. but.. ? never know. :S

Nope...also rebooted, nothing then either.

Droid74

Reaction score
SO important question here. Verizon is releasing 2.3.340 tonight at midnight supposedly. Will the leaked version of Focused work on it??

macnab

Reaction score
Seph (and others)

For those who are on a solid 1.8.9. (non-leak) whats the minimal amount of wiping one needs to do when installing 1.9? (lets say to ensure 90% success rate)

1. Wipe Cache
2. Wipe Data
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Wipe battery stats

I did all four when I first installed 1.8.9, but seems like many are getting by with not doing much at all when going 1.8.9 to 1.9.

Thanks!

Droid74

Reaction score
Seph (and others)

For those who are on a solid 1.8.9. (non-leak) whats the minimal amount of wiping one needs to do when installing 1.9? (lets say to ensure 90% success rate)

1. Wipe Cache
2. Wipe Data
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Wipe battery stats

I did all four when I first installed 1.8.9, but seems like many are getting by with not doing much at all when going 1.8.9 to 1.9.

Thanks!

Just wipe data and cache and u r good to go

sephtin

Reaction score
Seph (and others)

1. Wipe Cache
2. Wipe Data
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Wipe battery stats

Thanks!

Absolute minimalist approach.....
Don't wipe anything, just load it.
If you have troubles after the install, go back and wipe cache, or data and cache...

If you seemingly have much lower battery than expected, charge the phone well past 100% (overnight recommended), and then wipe battery stats.

Edit: reasoning behind this, is the frameowork between 1.8.9 and 1.9.0 are very similar, in theory... heh, you should be ok. Not always the case... but if just loading doesn't work for you, then wiping would be the first step to troubleshooting...

HTH!