rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

jacksradio

Reaction score
I have two questions..

1) I sbf'd to do a clean install of 1.9 but when the home screen came up, my old wallpaper from 1.8.9 was displayed, shouldn't it have been stock and does that mean something didn't clear correctly?

2) can someone confirm the stock vsels? After installing 1.9, and checking them with JRummys OC app, it showed the followiing:
300/27
600/38
800/49
1000/54

Reason I ask is on 1.8.9, I played with ULV at stock speeds and the vsels were higher than those. I'm just trying to figure out if something didn't clear or not because if those values are stock, why is ULV, which is supposed to be 4 volts lower is actually higher...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

teh_g

Reaction score
I have two questions..

1) I sbf'd to do a clean install of 1.9 but when the home screen came up, my old wallpaper from 1.8.9 was displayed, shouldn't it have been stock and does that mean something didn't clear correctly?

2) can someone confirm the stock vsels? After installing 1.9, and checking them with JRummys OC app, it showed the followiing:
300/27
600/38
800/49
1000/54

Reason I ask is on 1.8.9, I played with ULV at stock speeds and the vsels were higher than those. I'm just trying to figure out if something didn't clear or not because if those values are stock, why is ULV, which is supposed to be 4 volts lower is actually higher...

Froyo has the feature of restoring your settings from Google's servers.

I don't know the answer to 2. I don't mess with the voltages or frequencies.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I have two questions..

300/27
600/38
800/49
1000/54

I don't know what the stock values are off the top of my head, but those voltages seem to be a little lower than stock... I'm undervolting mine at :

300/25
600/32
800/40
1000/53

jdhas

Reaction score
I have two questions..

300/27
600/38
800/49
1000/54

Froyo has the feature of restoring your settings from Google's servers.

I don't know the answer to 2. I don't mess with the voltages or frequencies.

My unmodified frequencies on 1.9.0 non-leak are:
300 / 28
600 / 38
800 / 50
1000 / 58

speedracex

Reaction score
I have two questions..

This happened to me when I first installed 1.8.9, I found it odd as well, but I did not SBF back and assumed that even though I had wiped the cache, data etc, I missed something

I had no issues though, this is the first and only ROM ive ever flashed on an x

Last edited:

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
USB Connection problems

My sig had my details. I'm really loving this ROM/theme combo. It's a welcomed change from 928DBGX. You've done some great work here. It's payday today so a few beers are heading your way this weekend :beer2:

I do have one issue or possible bug. My DX connects to my PC (Windows XP) just fine the first time. If I disconnect the USB connection and then reconnect it there is no response on my DX nor PC. I have updated the drivers on my PC and still nothing. Rebooting the PC has no effect. It's only when I reboot the DX does it then allow the USB connection.

I have not read about this issue from anyone else. Is this something that you can resolve?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score
I see that you are running 1ghz ar lv does the oc work and how about a screen shot(by anyone who is running this)

I'm running stock clock speeds with a customized lowvolt.sh rather than the cpu.sh script from JRummy.... what do you want a screenshot of? If you go look at one of the [THEME] posts for 1.9.0 you'll see some themed versions. I'm just not sure what you are looking for. The ROM isn't really a theme itself...

Bad question ....but what is a bootloader and why was it changed

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I have two questions..

300/27
600/38
800/49
1000/54

My stock values are as follows (what JRummy has confirmed in the Help section of his OC app too):
300/33
600/48
800/58
1000/62

ULV values are:
300/29
600/44
800/54
1000/58

My custom values are:
300/24
500/39
800/49
1000/53 This is very stable for me.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I see that you are running 1ghz ar lv does the oc work and how about a screen shot(by anyone who is running this)

I'm running stock clock speeds with a customized lowvolt.sh rather than the cpu.sh script from JRummy.... what do you want a screenshot of? If you go look at one of the [THEME] posts for 1.9.0 you'll see some themed versions. I'm just not sure what you are looking for. The ROM isn't really a theme itself...

Bad question ....but what is a bootloader and why was it changed

Let me google that for you

As for why it was changed... it was originally 30.01 for the stock 2.1 version of Android that came with the DX. When Motorola upgraded it to Froyo (2.2) they updated the bootloader as well. The latest leak contains an update to the bootloader to 30.04. They change it because they need to in order to update different parts of the phone or whatever. I'm not sure about the technical details.

Droidrod1229

Reaction score
Wifi issues, version question

Ok, I was guided to repost here under the proper thread so this will look repetative.
Im updated to new leak 2.3.320. Flashed rubix 1.9.3, having no connectivity to web with wifi, drod 2169 suggested I reflash rom to rubix 1.9.0 wifi still not working. Also I was told the version numbers Got switched in this rom. Is anyone else having wifi problems?
Also, should I be concerned about the version number switch?

ScottAtlanta82

Reaction score
Perhaps a silly question?

So I never noticed before, but my sys version is 2.3.20. That being said, which version should I use? I'm currently on 1.8.6. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere....

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Ok, I was guided to repost here under the proper thread so this will look repetative.
Im updated to new leak 2.3.320. Flashed rubix 1.9.3, having no connectivity to web with wifi, drod 2169 suggested I reflash rom to rubix 1.9.0 wifi still not working. Also I was told the version numbers Got switched in this rom. Is anyone else having wifi problems?
Also, should I be concerned about the version number switch?

I don't really know what you are asking about the version numbers. If you are on the leak, you install 1.9.0 leak version. As for your wifi issues, I have no idea. I'm not running the leak, so I don't know if this is a result of you flashing the leak or a hardware issue. I'd tell you to sbf to the non-leak except that it is impossible. You took the chances with the leak and therefore support is limited at best. Has anyone else that installed the leaked 1.9.0 version encountered wifi issues? If so, maybe there's something with the ROM, but I highly suspect that we would have heard about these issues by now if that was the case. The only thing I can really suggest is try to use the leak sbf and start from scratch and hope it works.

So I never noticed before, but my sys version is 2.3.20. That being said, which version should I use? I'm currently on 1.8.6. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere....

If you were on 1.8.6 then you weren't on the leak, so flash 1.9.0 non-leak version and you are good to go.

djdlite512

Reaction score
Also, in regards to battery life... djdlite, did you have JRummy's OC script running by chance?

Instructions are the same for this one man as the rest.... Wipe Data/Cache before install. Same as when you did 1.8.9 If you look in the 1.6 thread I am sure he has the instructions posted in there to help also. The bootloader is from TBH I am not quite sure about alot of the performance gains so I will leave it here and let someone with it installed tell you about pros/cons or just do a simple search lots of post already about it.... I just not into installing brand new leaks.
I cleared my cache only and installed without any issues.

Not liking the app drawer going sideways instead of vertical.

Mustang02... the app drawer going sideways is a setting within ADW. Press menu, choose ADW Settings, Drawer Settings, App Drawer Style, Vertical Plain.

I did have it running...so with this build I should not be using the OC app?

ScottAtlanta82

Reaction score

If you were on 1.8.6 then you weren't on the leak, so flash 1.9.0 non-leak version and you are good to go.

Cool, thanks! I thought so, but I'm running on no sleep and would prefer not to make more work for myself, lol. :)

darish

Reaction score
Anyone still having battery problems? I might be having excessive drain but it's a bit too short to call