rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

snoop5

Reaction score
Help help
I tried to sbf and my battery went dead now i have a dead phone when plugged up green led just comes on help help help

Not sure what to do here but definitely plug it into the wall, not a USB port. Hopefully it will come back into android recovery.

thanks for the reply, this is off topic but have you or anyone else noticed on the verizon site that the back of the X is different with longer speaker and a round port dont know what its for, i saw it in the accessories department dancedroid

Inkarnit

Reaction score
OK, I have a question. I have been hearing about the new transition animations, but I don't know that I've seen them since upgrading. Can anyone give me some examples of the new animations and where/when they happen so I can check for them?

Thanks!

They are just how your phone transitions between apps and whatnot. It's hard to explain what they look like. Switch from one app to another and you'll see it. Open market, open facebook, etc. Also when you press the back key from one page to another it has a different animation as well.

Ok I went into the market and clicked the first app on the page. Then clicked back. The windows shot up and down while changing the screens. I am guess that is the new transition animation. I don't remember that before.

If you really want to see them, go into Spare Parts and change the animation speeds to very slow. That will give you a good look at them :)

REARless

Reaction score
If I am running 1.8.6 no leak with no problems. What is the consensus? Do a complete wipe and reinstall apps or just wipe cache and install 1.8.9 over top?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
If I am running 1.8.6 no leak with no problems. What is the consensus? Do a complete wipe and reinstall apps or just wipe cache and install 1.8.9 over top?

I think the official answer is to go ahead and try it without a data reset and if you encounter any issues then wipe data and do it again. I have gone from 1.0 to 1.6 to 1.8.6 to 1.8.9 without ever wiping data and don't have any problems.

DaveG1968

Reaction score
They are just how your phone transitions between apps and whatnot. It's hard to explain what they look like. Switch from one app to another and you'll see it. Open market, open facebook, etc. Also when you press the back key from one page to another it has a different animation as well.

Ok I went into the market and clicked the first app on the page. Then clicked back. The windows shot up and down while changing the screens. I am guess that is the new transition animation. I don't remember that before.

If you really want to see them, go into Spare Parts and change the animation speeds to very slow. That will give you a good look at them :)

I still don't see anything different like what others have been talking about, like coming up from the top/bottom, etc. Still the same old zoom in/zoom out I always remember seeing. Unless my memory is deceiving me! Lol! Oh well, it's cosmetic, not functional anyway, and definitely doesn't change the fact that this ROM rocks! Quick, snappy, stable, loving it!

Jeffreysachs

Reaction score

I just cleared cache and installed, I know a few others that did it this way. No problems.

humungus

Reaction score

I still don't see anything different like what others have been talking about, like coming up from the top/bottom, etc. Still the same old zoom in/zoom out I always remember seeing. Unless my memory is deceiving me! Lol! Oh well, it's cosmetic, not functional anyway, and definitely doesn't change the fact that this ROM rocks! Quick, snappy, stable, loving it!

Yeah, there's something going on here. I get the new animation when opening up Google Voice the first time after a reboot (or after it hasn't been opened for awhile). After that, I get the old animation. Actually, some apps open with the old zoom animation but have this odd fade-out ghosting that happens the first time they're opened, or if they haven't been opened in awhile. After that, they open with the normal (old) animation. When I'm actually in an app and going back and forth between menus there, then I get the new animation. I *think* it was working correctly (i.e. all new animations) when I first installed the rom, so I'm thinking an app caused a conflict. Spare parts, maybe?

EDIT: Unistalling Spare Parts didn't make a difference.

sruel3216

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the old transitions back? I prefer launcher pro and the transitions don't play well with launcher pro

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

humungus

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the old transitions back? I prefer launcher pro and the transitions don't play well with launcher pro

I was just going to post this. New transitions work fine with ADW, but get mangled with Launcher Pro.

Hopefully we can either get a fix or a .zip to flash back to the stock animations.

I guess we know which launcher Drod and his testers run :) Why do devs always run ADW? I've tried to convert probably 5 times but keep going back to LP for some reason or another. I'll use this as an excuse to give ADW another try, but I suspect I'll be back with LP before too long.

Last edited:

thahandyman

Reaction score
this may be a stupid question as the answer is most likely "thats a blur feature" but with focused is there anyway to set custom ringtones for individuals?

coolj478

Reaction score
If I use the dx/d2 overclock app from the market will ocing still work or will I need something else?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If you run one of my 1.8.6 themes it will remove the new transition effects and put them back to stock... Link in my sig