rubiX Focused 1.6

DaveG1968

Reaction score
Hey Sephtin, thanks for all the hard work you put into things, it's very much appreciated. I have a (hopefully) quick question: I downloaded DX_Gallery(BlurGalleryFromFission).zip and installed it, but I cannot figure out how to access the blur gallery program now. Any ideas?

jloya

Reaction score
Sync all contacts from Facebook and view all in the contacts app and use the "join" feature to link phone numbers into the fb contact then set to view only contacts with phone numbers...that's what I did at least

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

where is this "join" button?? ive looked but have not had any luck (its probably right in front of me)

Click a contact, then go into Edit Contact. When you hit the menu button there Join will be an option.

Thank you :)

the button was greyed out so i figured it wasnt an option...guess i shoudla atleast tried :p

jdhas

Reaction score
Hey Sephtin, thanks for all the hard work you put into things, it's very much appreciated. I have a (hopefully) quick question: I downloaded DX_Gallery(BlurGalleryFromFission).zip and installed it, but I cannot figure out how to access the blur gallery program now. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure the Blur Gallery from Fission is hosed on rubiX Focued 1.6. There's more here: http://www.sephtin.com/?p=166

walkingagh

Reaction score
I am running Focused 1.0 and I can't get it to boot into the Clockwork Recovery, only the standard recovery. Any ideas on what is going wrong?

I am using Droid X Bootstrapper and have tried rebooting both within that program and with ROM manager to no avail.

qqeyes

Reaction score
Just tried the battery fix method this morning. Earlier my battery report worked, but now its force closing again. I used the airplane mode to fix the "time without signal" display bug. It's been an hour and thirty minutes with light use and it just ticked down to 90, so well see. I think its working.

As a note, its my hypothesis that this whole thing is some kind of reporting bug. Even with the battery bug, once getting to 20% my phone would stay alive for hours of moderate use before getting the 15% warning

jloya

Reaction score
Just tried the battery fix method this morning. Earlier my battery report worked, but now its force closing again. I used the airplane mode to fix the "time without signal" display bug. It's been an hour and thirty minutes with light use and it just ticked down to 90, so well see. I think its working.

As a note, its my hypothesis that this whole thing is some kind of reporting bug. Even with the battery bug, once getting to 20% my phone would stay alive for hours of moderate use before getting the 15% warning

IF your having battery issues try this, boot into cw recovery - then select advanced - clear battery stats

since doing this I went 26 hours and my battery is at 30 percent

jdrswim

Reaction score
I am experiencing bugs with my Rubix 1/6 focused.

I run Black Juice Theme. I have absolutely no problems with the rom or theme whatsoever.. EXCEPT the battery life.

The phone is extremely FAST! everything works as it should...

HOWEVER, if I am fully charged... within "45min 16 seconds" according to my battery it is at 80%... this is with starting at a full charge and most just display usage.

jloya

Reaction score
I am experiencing bugs with my Rubix 1/6 focused.

I run Black Juice Theme. I have absolutely no problems with the rom or theme whatsoever.. EXCEPT the battery life.

The phone is extremely FAST! everything works as it should...

HOWEVER, if I am fully charged... within "45min 16 seconds" according to my battery it is at 80%... this is with starting at a full charge and most just display usage.

have you tried any other the previous stated resolutions in the thread?

you may want to clear battery stats

or do a full sbf, root, deodex, load rom, manually load all apps

clear stats will be much quicker so you may want to try that first

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Blur Camera

Ok, I know this is a blurless rom, I know there really isn't official support for installing blurry stuff back on it.

But I really like the X's stock camera. I've tried Fusion 1.6 and the RC2 of Fission. Both run very nicely and super fast, until I install the stock camera via the zip from sephtin's site.

Looking through the logs, it seems that every now and then the camera is searching or attempting broadcast so other blur services. I don't know if I'm crazy, but I swear my phone gets super laggy after the blur camera is installed.

I tried the one that Fission includes as well to make sure it wasn't just a bad download from sephtin.

I really just want to know if anyone else experiences this same thing.

Thanks

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a blurless rom, I know there really isn't official support for installing blurry stuff back on it.

But I really like the X's stock camera. I've tried Fusion 1.6 and the RC2 of Fission. Both run very nicely and super fast, until I install the stock camera via the zip from sephtin's site.

Looking through the logs, it seems that every now and then the camera is searching or attempting broadcast so other blur services. I don't know if I'm crazy, but I swear my phone gets super laggy after the blur camera is installed.

I tried the one that Fission includes as well to make sure it wasn't just a bad download from sephtin.

I really just want to know if anyone else experiences this same thing.

Thanks

Wouldn't surprise me.. how did you determine this? Is there logging for this or something somewhere? Or is this just an observation, that it's slow/laggy sometimes? ?

The AOSP camera has been great. The ONLY things that you get with the BLUR camera, that AOSP can't do, are widescreen (6MP) photos, and panorama assist. OH, and the selection of which mic's to use when recording video.. ? I think.

If you NEED the Blur camera, patch is available, but it's not designed to work with Focused, it's not supported... Hoefully you figure out what's going on.. but the short answer is: AOSP camera works great.

jloya

Reaction score
I dont know if these is possible in a future Rubix ROM but i figured I would mention it

Is it possible that when you are at the home screen the clock in the notification bar disappears , once you have opened an application like a webpage or when you are on a call (and you cant easily revert to the home screen) the clock reappears in the notification bar for easy reference

jdhas

Reaction score
or do a full sbf, root, deodex, load rom, manually load all apps

clear stats will be much quicker so you may want to try that first

Do you have to deodex to flash a ROM?

/stupid question

qqeyes

Reaction score
I installed 1.6 over 1.0 wih only wiping my cache, so i decided the best thing to do would be to reinstall from scratch anyway. I ordered the extended batter from verizon. This whole ordeal has made me realize how much i take the x's amazing battery life for granted.

2 hrs 29 mins and just ticked to 80, i played some snesdroid for about 15 mins though ( which eats batteries )