rubiX Blurry 1.0

preacher1611

Reaction score
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

is this something i neeed for this rom? im not sure what this is.

sephtin

Reaction score
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

is this something i neeed for this rom? im not sure what this is.

If you're not sure what overclocking is, probably best you don't mess with it.
It's in the ROM as a feature, but it doesn't do anything unless you enable it.

To give you more info:
Overclocking has the potential to make your device faster, but *can* have side effects, such as stability, can wear out your device faster due to excess heat (etc.), and more fun.

The biggest reason I usually try to suggest people that aren't familliar with overclocking away from it, is that you have to tweak and play with it a bit to find settings that work well for your particular device. What works well for one person, might not work at all for another. Also, what works well today, might degrade, or improve, and work differently in a few weeks... *shrug*

sensatti

Reaction score
Just switched to this from focused and am liking. However, the only thing that drives me crazy with blur roms is any message widget I use (IE Launcher Pro message widget) always displays the time of messages 5 hours behind. It displays fine in blurless roms. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, damn you motorola!

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Hey im on my phone and it would take forever to review all posts. Hoping to get a quick reply...anyway...google search hardware button only activates voice search. A quick push of the magnifying glass doesn't result in search anymore. Anyone know why?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Hey im on my phone and it would take forever to review all posts. Hoping to get a quick reply...anyway...google search hardware button only activates voice search. A quick push of the magnifying glass doesn't result in search anymore. Anyone know why?

I do have google search from market installed btw

sephtin

Reaction score

Try this:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused0.5/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

I this ONLY installs the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk... should fix.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Try this:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused0.5/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

I this ONLY installs the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk... should fix.

once again...sephtin comes through. thanks again man.

jester7377

Reaction score
Here is an interesting problem. Hoping for some help. I installed blurry 1.0 all went well everything I've done thus far is great. However, when the phone is locked or the screen simply goes dim due to not using. I can not get the screen to come back on. The buttons light up but the screen will not come on. I was running 2.2 but not the OTA. Any thoughts.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Here is an interesting problem. Hoping for some help. I installed blurry 1.0 all went well everything I've done thus far is great. However, when the phone is locked or the screen simply goes dim due to not using. I can not get the screen to come back on. The buttons light up but the screen will not come on. I was running 2.2 but not the OTA. Any thoughts.

Have you themed or mod'd anything after you installed the ROM?

jester7377

Reaction score

I did not. It was just rubix. I happened right away. So I couldnt do much. I thought first it may have been the undervolt but I just d/l it yesterday and I didnt do any of the undervolt stuff. And from the overall thread it appears that it is stock unless you apply that script. Correct? Also would it matter what version of froyo I was coming from? I wouldn't think it would matter but I'm open to try. :)

davezx9

Reaction score
any idea why after i installed this rom i can update apps but 90% of the new apps i try to download say install unsuccessful....Very annoying

sephtin

Reaction score
any idea why after i installed this rom i can update apps but 90% of the new apps i try to download say install unsuccessful....Very annoying

Did you clear data/cache when installing the ROM? Theme or any other changes?

Either way, first thing to try is to clear market's data/cache.
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> Market
force stop, clear data, clear cache
Try opening market, and give it another shot.

sephtin

Reaction score

I did not. It was just rubix. I happened right away. So I couldnt do much. I thought first it may have been the undervolt but I just d/l it yesterday and I didnt do any of the undervolt stuff. And from the overall thread it appears that it is stock unless you apply that script. Correct? Also would it matter what version of froyo I was coming from? I wouldn't think it would matter but I'm open to try. :)

No, it shouldn't matter what you came from. I only wonder if there was something that didn't get cleared during install (data/cache) that could cause it.. ??

Either way, I'd try reinstalling the ROM, it shouldn't do this.. there's something else going on. :S

davezx9

Reaction score
the font seems awful small is this on purpose....anyway to make it larger or bolder? and that still didnt work for the apps....some install some dont,weird