rubiX Blurry 1.0

sephtin

Reaction score
When the corporate contact issue is fixes, will it alphabetize by last name?

IF/When a fix comes for this, it will be either because a better contacts/email application is submitted that works with AOSP, OR, because someone adds these changes to the one that already exists.
For more information, google AOSP, and feel free to code any changes you like, that's the beauty of open source!

pinhead875

Reaction score
My Gmail calendars aren't syncing. Any thoughts?
And in the second pic, look at my "Add Account" button, it's shadowed out. Any thoughts there?

snap20101108_112452.png

snap20101108_115106.png

Calendar sync:
Maybe clear data/cache for the calendar app? Worth a shot:
Menu> Settings> Accounts> Manage Accounts> All tab> calendar
clear data, clear cache, reboot.
try again (note, all of your calendars will have to re-sync to pull down existing data again... But maybe it'll fix the issue (?).

Add Account button:
Best guess, is that something you've got in your theme/bar mod/?? is causing it. Blurry by default doesn't do this, it was something that's been modified.

Thanks, but I don't have a "Manage Accounts" option in my Accounts screen (see pictures) - you probably meant applications?

So what I did get to was "Manage Applications" and found Calendar, and cleared Data only (there was no cache to clear). Reboot was next, still not sycning. :(

Other calendar apps in the "All" tab are Calendar Service and Calendar Sync Adapter. Neither of them have data or cache to clear. dunno...

sephtin

Reaction score
And in the second pic, look at my "Add Account" button, it's shadowed out. Any thoughts there?

Calendar sync:
Maybe clear data/cache for the calendar app? Worth a shot:
Menu> Settings> Accounts> Manage Accounts> All tab> calendar
clear data, clear cache, reboot.
try again (note, all of your calendars will have to re-sync to pull down existing data again... But maybe it'll fix the issue (?).

Add Account button:
Best guess, is that something you've got in your theme/bar mod/?? is causing it. Blurry by default doesn't do this, it was something that's been modified.

Thanks, but I don't have a "Manage Accounts" option in my Accounts screen (see pictures) - you probably meant applications?

So what I did get to was "Manage Applications" and found Calendar, and cleared Data only (there was no cache to clear). Reboot was next, still not sycning. :(

Other calendar apps in the "All" tab are Calendar Service and Calendar Sync Adapter. Neither of them have data or cache to clear. dunno...

yup, sorry, I did mean Applications... ;)

Sorry that didn't work, not sure where to look next! :(

JOx

Reaction score
I flashed blurry 1.0 on my phone

and now I cant make or recieve phone calls?!?

I did it before, tried to do an NFL theme and it messed it up bad so i reflashed the rom and now my calls don't work. Any advice?

sephtin

Reaction score
and now I cant make or recieve phone calls?!?

I did it before, tried to do an NFL theme and it messed it up bad so i reflashed the rom and now my calls don't work. Any advice?

First thing I would try, is to reflash the ROM, and make sure to wipe data/cache, that **should** work. if not, try reprogramming the phone *228. I guess you could try that first.. I don't know how or why that theme could cause this, but *shrug*...

AMelis

Reaction score

IF/When a fix comes for this, it will be either because a better contacts/email application is submitted that works with AOSP, OR, because someone adds these changes to the one that already exists.
For more information, google AOSP, and feel free to code any changes you like, that's the beauty of open source!

This is my first Droid, but apparently this feature already exists in other Droids and it is part of the Android system. Just not in the Droid X ---:blink:

sephtin

Reaction score

This is my first Droid, but apparently this feature already exists in other Droids and it is part of the Android system. Just not in the Droid X ---:blink:

Not sure, but is it there for the stock DroidX (Blur)?.. Honestly, I don't even know. Assuming it is there for stock blurry droidx, then it work in Blurry.

I apologize if I jumped the gun to try to help.. but the Blurry ROM should have pretty much all of the feature/functionality of the stock MotoBlur (with a couple exceptions), so... I have to assume that you're asking for that feature here because it doesn't work in an app specific to blurry.. which (after checking) is using the same contacts app as default stock MotoBlur (BlurContacts.apk).

I mentioned AOSP, because I have been using Focused (NON-Blur) ROM since the end of Sept. and Focused doesn't use Blur for contacts, it uses AOSP. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Reaction score

Not sure, but is it there for the stock DroidX (Blur)?.. Honestly, I don't even know. Assuming it is there for stock blurry droidx, then it work in Blurry.

I apologize if I jumped the gun to try to help.. but the Blurry ROM should have pretty much all of the feature/functionality of the stock MotoBlur (with a couple exceptions), so... I have to assume that you're asking for that feature here because it doesn't work in an app specific to blurry.. which (after checking) is using the same contacts app as default stock MotoBlur (BlurContacts.apk).

I mentioned AOSP, because I have been using Focused (NON-Blur) ROM since the end of Sept. and Focused doesn't use Blur for contacts, it uses AOSP. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Actually there is a problem with Blurry & exchange (corporate) contacts. Drod acknowledged this a few posts back. For some reason exchange contacts aren't getting sync'd to the phone.

As for being able to alphabetize by last name, I do not think Blurcontacts will do that.

meddy6407

Reaction score

snap20101108_112452.png

snap20101108_115106.png
Had same problem after I had a different theme installed and tried to install another "over the top" of it. To fix I just installed the Rubix zip again over my existing Rubix rom and the sync worked as it should. Hope this helps as I am an android noob and may not be explaining the correct terms for this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pinhead875

Reaction score

snap20101108_112452.png

snap20101108_115106.png
Had same problem after I had a different theme installed and tried to install another "over the top" of it. To fix I just installed the Rubix zip again over my existing Rubix rom and the sync worked as it should. Hope this helps as I am an android noob and may not be explaining the correct terms for this.

Yeah I reflashed and all is well.

jgmarz

Reaction score
Gmail

Just realized, my gmail is giving me double emails., 1 thru my gmail on my phone and 1 through my google homepage. I have to delete both when I want to clear it.

C

chrmbly

This is a minor problem, but I've noticed that the market reacts differently to updates. I get notifications that say "3 updates are available" and when I open the market only one is shown (and don't see any others in the list) and I've lost the "update all" option after hitting the menu button.

Only issue I've come across so far. Great work.

Reaction score
This is a minor problem, but I've noticed that the market reacts differently to updates. I get notifications that say "3 updates are available" and when I open the market only one is shown (and don't see any others in the list) and I've lost the "update all" option after hitting the menu button.

Only issue I've come across so far. Great work.

Are those 'missing' apps set to 'update automatically'? If so, they likely downloaded and installed before you actually got into the market.
Of course, you should see the install notification on your notification panel.

C

chrmbly

Are those 'missing' apps set to 'update automatically'? If so, they likely downloaded and installed before you actually got into the market.
Of course, you should see the install notification on your notification panel.

Hmm. Good point. I don't recall seeing them in the notification bar afterwards, but I'll pay closer attention next time. Obviously this is not a deal breaker or anything.