rubiX Blurry 1.0

cparker89

Reaction score
For some reason after flashing this rom it can't find the adb driver anymore? Which I know worked before I flashed because I used it to root my phone. Help would be nice.

sephtin

Reaction score
For some reason after flashing this rom it can't find the adb driver anymore? Which I know worked before I flashed because I used it to root my phone. Help would be nice.

Did you verify USB Debugging is still enabled?

cparker89

Reaction score

yes it is... it tryed to install the adb drivers again a few times and failed and when I goto device manager it has a yellow ! with unknown device which I know has to be the adb driver that failed.?

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

yes it is... it tryed to install the adb drivers again a few times and failed and when I goto device manager it has a yellow ! with unknown device which I know has to be the adb driver that failed.?

Just checked with my X running Blury 1.0, and it worked fine (had usb in charge only mode, not sure if that matters to you). You might want to try turning off debug mode, then plug the x into your computer and see if the drivers install. I remember that at times it seems having debug mode on will cause the drivers to not install properly. So, see if they'll install with debug turned off. If they do, then you should be able to turn debug mode back on after the driver install.

cparker89

Reaction score

Just checked with my X running Blury 1.0, and it worked fine (had usb in charge only mode, not sure if that matters to you). You might want to try turning off debug mode, then plug the x into your computer and see if the drivers install. I remember that at times it seems having debug mode on will cause the drivers to not install properly. So, see if they'll install with debug turned off. If they do, then you should be able to turn debug mode back on after the driver install.

When not in USB debugging mode doesn't even try to install the driver. When in it says it can't even find the adb driver and I'm pointing it to the same driver I used on stock.. I've also tryed to install on another computer to no avail??? Very wierd... Any other possible solutions maybe flashing back to stock and then return to this rom??? I didnt want to have to do all of that but yea... would that even help??

edit: Didn't sbf but I restored to stock and tryed to use adb with the same results...? Am I doing something wrong?
Edit #2: After messing with it all day it just started working again?? wierd

Last edited:

nmtuna

Reaction score
When's this bad boy gonna hit the Rom Manager??? I still see Blurry 0.3.

And now the big question, Burry or Focused???? Suggestions?????

sephtin

Reaction score
When's this bad boy gonna hit the Rom Manager??? I still see Blurry 0.3.

And now the big question, Burry or Focused???? Suggestions?????

When drod has the patches ready that he wants for it. As soon as I have the stuff that's supposed to be there, I'll put it in ROM Manager.

If you want Blur - Blurry.
If you want no Blur - Focused. ;)

Reaction score
I just switched from focus 1.6 to this. Was missing some if the blur stuff.
Now I can't make up my mind

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score

If you don't mind my asking... which blur apps?
Most of the stuff that I kinda liked from Blur, I've found stuff that works as well for me... market, or otherwise...
?

elkniwcire

Reaction score
I've installed Google search, but when I press the search button (hard key), it doesn't bring up Google search anymore. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help!

Same issue here. Have both google search and voice search installed from Market.

Just checked. Blurry is missing the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk that should be there for it to work. (Drod, plz add it back in next version... ;)

Try this:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused0.5/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

It will fix the issue. Apply the patch from recovery, don't wipe data or cache.

Got this to work by doing a nandroid restore to stock and then installing over without a wipe

sephtin

Reaction score
Same issue here. Have both google search and voice search installed from Market.

Just checked. Blurry is missing the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk that should be there for it to work. (Drod, plz add it back in next version... ;)

Try this:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused0.5/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

It will fix the issue. Apply the patch from recovery, don't wipe data or cache.

Got this to work by doing a nandroid restore to stock and then installing over without a wipe

Hmm, really? Stock was COMPLETELY formatted and replaced by blurry, no clue how that fixed it.. but ok. :)

Reaction score

If you don't mind my asking... which blur apps?
Most of the stuff that I kinda liked from Blur, I've found stuff that works as well for me... market, or otherwise...
?
That is the very tough thing to pin down. I think it may be more of a 'refinement issue'. for example. Stock Android E-mail works Ok with my Exchange account, but the Blur version works a little better.
I like the blur dialers 'answer' and 'reject' buttons better than I do sliders. Also, the Blur dialer will do landscape where as the Focused version won't.
Focused isn't working with my Ringtones, and the Blur version has a TTS caller-id that I like, as well as supporting my ringtones.
Having said all of that, Focused was running like a scalded dog, and blurry (while not slow) just feels 'heavy'.

I'm really quite torn about it. I've got my Focused nandroid ready to pop back into action, but I'm going to give Blurry just a little bit more time.

Reaction score
Are there any black bar mods that work with Blurry yet?

Most of your 'stock' or Froyo themes will work with Blurry since its based on the Moto framework.

I installed Fabolous's NexTheme and it works fine.

One thing to watch out for is themed apps. In my case, NexTheme included themed versions of E-mail, calender and several other apps. I had to go into adb and 'remove' those to keep from having doubles. In particular, I had to sms apps, so was getting double notifications :)

Might be safer just to use a theme that only does notification bar/pull down.

spartan466

Reaction score
Great ROM! Unfortunately not being able to sync corporate contacts is a deal breaker for me. If anyone has any insight on how to fix, I'd love to hear it!

Also, EVERY time I boot up it goes into recovery console first. Anyone else seeing this?