rubiX Blurry 1.0

hannaxbear

Reaction score
Just a few questions before I try flashing this ROM:

1. What apps are included in this ROM? And maybe, what important apps may be removed from this ROM (for example, from reading the thread, you said Google Search wasn't installed)?

2. I'm assuming Backup Assistant isn't on this either. Is there a way I could get it on here after flashing the ROM? Would it work if I backed it up to Titanium Backup and then after flashing the ROM, restore it?

Thanks for all the work you've done! :)

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

1. What apps are included in this ROM? And maybe, what important apps may be removed from this ROM (for example, from reading the thread, you said Google Search wasn't installed)?

2. I'm assuming Backup Assistant isn't on this either. Is there a way I could get it on here after flashing the ROM? Would it work if I backed it up to Titanium Backup and then after flashing the ROM, restore it?

The only apps missing are ones you can find in the market. Everything else is included, even backup assistant :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Kuonji

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a full list of everything that makes up blur? I I'm having a tough time figuring out where Froyo ends and Blur begins. Thank you!

hannaxbear

Reaction score

The only apps missing are ones you can find in the market. Everything else is included, even backup assistant :)

Awesome! Thank you so much! :)

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

evolutioncsr

Reaction score
Non undervolted version is uploading now. Until then, try the patch out here:
http://bit.ly/bs58qw

How do you apply the patch? Or did you upload the non-undervolted version yet?

Uploaded it already. Or you can apply the patch just like a regular rom.. reboot to clockwork recovery, install from sd card. no wipe necessary

I am not seeing the link for the non-undervolted version. Am I missing something? Besides my brain.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sorry, i guess i should have been a little more clear, it's the same download link, i just updated the file :) the lowvolt is now a script that you can choose to run

How do you apply the patch? Or did you upload the non-undervolted version yet?

Uploaded it already. Or you can apply the patch just like a regular rom.. reboot to clockwork recovery, install from sd card. no wipe necessary

I am not seeing the link for the non-undervolted version. Am I missing something? Besides my brain.

sephtin

Reaction score
is there any side affects to having a rom undervolted

Stability. If the voltage isn't enough for your CPU to remain stable... then you may experience reboots, data corruption, etc.

If you start having instability with undervolting, turn it back up. *shrug*

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Well just flashed this baby over Blurry .3 and no problems so far. Ill see how the undervolt increases its battery life. I saw that Drod posted that the Blurry 1.0 was updated with a script to choose either to undervolt or not to. I did not get some thing telling me to choose when i was installing. Am i misunderstanding?

hannaxbear

Reaction score
I've installed Google search, but when I press the search button (hard key), it doesn't bring up Google search anymore. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help!

akanealw

Reaction score
You need to download google voice search from the market and it will work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

elkniwcire

Reaction score
I've installed Google search, but when I press the search button (hard key), it doesn't bring up Google search anymore. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help!

Same issue here. Have both google search and voice search installed from Market.

sephtin

Reaction score

Thanks for any help!

Same issue here. Have both google search and voice search installed from Market.

Just checked. Blurry is missing the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk that should be there for it to work. (Drod, plz add it back in next version... ;)

Try this:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused0.5/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

It will fix the issue. Apply the patch from recovery, don't wipe data or cache.